DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these turbos now on ebay. Here is the link to the auction and what the seller told me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7974965021&rd=1&sspagename=ADME:B:TB6:CA:2

From the seller:
Yes, I have a turbo kit for your 93 intrepid. This kit will include everything you will need for your install. Including hardware, upgrades, and directions for your vehical. It will work great, without any other modifications. The turbo model and upgrades that come with the turbo vary with the vehical type. So will the turbos model and even location. But with out adding any other mods to your car, you will see a major hp increase to your stock or near stock vehical. As long as you can read and follow the detailed instruction you can install this yourself if you have the basic tools. Installation time is about three and a half hours.

·
9,861 Posts
The only thing being sold is a turbocharger. No kit.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hypnos said:
The only thing being sold is a turbocharger. No kit.
Hypnos read the add again...I don't mean to be rude but it is a turbo kit. As stated in the add and my answered question. The add says stage one turbo kit.

I am only reporting here.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Ant said:
Hypnos read the add again...I don't mean to be rude but it is a turbo kit. As stated in the add and my answered question. The add says stage one turbo kit.

I am only reporting here.
Ask them if the exhaust manifolds are included in the kit.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wrench said:
Ask them if the exhaust manifolds are included in the kit.

I have asked for this information including a pic of the complete kit for a 93' Intrepid (for starters). I expressed my doubt that the kit is fully complete and ready to install...sounds too good to be true but if it is then we all have a good and reasonably priced upgrade. :banana: :auto_05:

:gross_11:

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
As much as I hate to sound like a doubter in this case I have to be

The sellers feedback is for items related to Xenon bulbs and clear headlights and he is trying to sell a "universal turbo kit" that he then explains to you is custom fit?

Take a look at the other items he has for sale, he is pushing a turbo kit for pretty much every car made

If it sounds too good to be true (and is on Ebay) well then.........

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Holy ****.... :bs: :bsflag: . What a joke, personally I wouldn't buy **** from him, only until I saw pics of the kit. Looks like just a turbo to me, especially for that price.

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Dude can't even spell??? The last dictionary I checked needs to be mailed to him for free. He spells guarantee as guarentee? That there is enough for him to not GUARANTEE his product if he can say he guarenteed it... :bsflag:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I asked the important question and have not recieved a reply...yet. Maybe he is full-of-it :monkeypis

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Without even talknig to him, jsut the ebay auctiion you can see he is full of ****, very obvious. No way would a full turbo kit ever cost that lil bit of $$$, nor work that well, From the looks he is selling just the turbo and that pice of intake, i hardly call that a kit. It would cost more then $500 just for the proplery made headers and exhaust works to make a trubo work, let alone the comuter, fuel, issues

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He has not returned my message - he must be full-of-it. At least I only ordered one...just kidding!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
i smell bullshit a mile away but by the time that happen i have already placed an order and now im waiting for it in the mail

lol jk but no when i buy **** off of ebay i see the pic of what im getting if there is pics of half the item details then theres 99 % your not getting everything so that gets a custom treat :bsflag:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Custom Auto Effects has a money back guarentee that you will gain Atleast 60hp from this Stage one. Turbo Kit. This TurboCharger has HUGE DYNO NUMBERS! Some of the Turbo models will vary with your Vehicals year make and model. It is running some of the highest Hp and torque numbers on the market. This turbo Has a much better price then the ballbearing turbo and is servicable. Ballbearing turbos are not rebuildable. Once the Ballbearing turbos go,, it's DONE! But not this Turbo. This turbo has all servicable parts (not that you will probable need it. Becuase this Turbo has been built to last longer than your vehical.

i rather have a ballbearing turbo then that thing
and why is it that it have servicable parts? i guess it might just break
funny it says 60 hp doesnt sound like **** then it saying it will make very high numbers yepper bs indeed

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
redhot04 said:
Dude can't even spell??? The last dictionary I checked needs to be mailed to him for free. He spells guarantee as guarentee? That there is enough for him to not GUARANTEE his product if he can say he guarenteed it... :bsflag:

Your not the only one who noticed the mistakes in that scam.

·
Banned
57 Posts
One of my buddies went to a junkyard looking for a turbo to fit his 1st GEN...3.3L.
The junkyard said that a turbo from an 88 New Yorker would fit... Anyone know if this is true and what would be necessary to make it fit (any major mods to turbo/cooling)

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Anyone know if this is true and what would be necessary to make it fit (any major mods to turbo/cooling)

hm an entire custom exhaust, cross-over piping, header perhaps, then intake, if you run enough boost then a intercooler, then injectors, and map ensors, and a way to control it all

1 - 18 of 18 Posts