DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(KEEP IN MIND THAT I KNOW THIS IS STUPID, BUT I AM HUMAN SO YEAH, WHATEVER)
So, the other night I was driving in my '02 Special which I have had for a few months now. Headed down a long, straight, 4-lane road with center turn lanes. Speed limit is 40 until it switches to 50. Anyway, this guy comes up along side in the 40 MPH zone in a 2000 era Prelude Type SH...he'd flown up to catch me. He then starts the whole speed up/slow down business like he wants to race, so I punch it and take off and he falls back too quickly and seems to give up after a few seconds of tryin, (No Torque Much?). I reach the red light where the MPH changes to 50 and he catches up at the light. He's lookin over at me and I just kinda laugh. When the light turns green I just drive off normally as he punches it, I figure I already proved my point. Well he slows down to even out with me again and he's speedin up and slowin down and I am just like, okay...So I wave him on to give him a half second start at winding up his toy, and he punches it. I then punch it and take off, and just steadily overtake him, smooth as silk, I pass him and then continue extending the gap. I put about 1/8 mile between us and at about 115 MPH, decide I have now really driven the point home and I slow to the legal 50 MPH. He slows and matches my speed and for the remaining 2 miles before I had to turn, he refused to get up even with me :) Still, I stuck my hand out the window and waved as I turned :) Bet he will think twice about thinkin he can pick on a 300M again...oh, and he had a friend in the car with him, I hope he never lives it down, LOL!!!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts