DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
I think I'm going to attempt this as well this weekend. I should have done it when I replaced my radiator last month. Can it be done from the bottom on jack stands? I plan to order from advance auto:

35631 Felpro Gasket
14358 Stant Thermostat

Is the hose clamp tool really necessary due to the tight fit, or should I pick up hose clamp pliers? Was considering Astro Pnuematics AST9409A.
That's a good price for those hose clamp pliers! DEFINITELY GET THEM. You will be VERY glad you did. Your knuckles will too. Regular pliers *might* work, but it'll be quite a tight fit.

Yep - can be done from underneath - recommend pulling the oil filter for additional room, but not *necessary*.

I believe I purchased that exact combo of parts when I did mine earlier this year. :thumbsup:

Also recommend replacing the lower hose if you didn't replace it when you did the radiator.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
That's a good price for those hose clamp pliers! DEFINITELY GET THEM. You will be VERY glad you did. Your knuckles will too. Regular pliers *might* work, but it'll be quite a tight fit.

Yep - can be done from underneath - recommend pulling the oil filter for additional room, but not *necessary*.

I believe I purchased that exact combo of parts when I did mine earlier this year. :thumbsup:

Also recommend replacing the lower hose if you didn't replace it when you did the radiator.
Ya, I have to do an oil change also so the filter is getting removed.

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts
It is easier to saw your manhood off with a spork while wearing mittens,...
But the good thing about that is that you'll only have to do it one time.

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts
The AZ where I am had the one I bought in the store at $35.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Also consider changing your Coolant Temp. Sensor as well....
Might cure the problem without changing the t-stat

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Remember (9 1/2 years ago) when I said this? :unsure:

When I changed mine recently, the thermostat could only be positioned correctly. It was impossible to install backwards. Check me, perhaps it depends on the brand of thermostat?
Today I learned:
That the Gates 33918 thermostat that I installed 3 days ago CAN be installed backwards!!!

Even though I had made a note of the correct installation (spring and pellet on the engine side), I somehow failed to place it correctly the final time. (I'd had it in and out of the housing multiple times as I lightly filed the perimeter to allow for the staking of the housing.)

Major bummer! :mad:

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts
50/50 chance and ya blew it!! lol!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts