DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an oil change today. Mechanic told me my thermostat is leaking (can't see liquid.. just "corrosion") and that I should get my thermostat housing replaced. He says it's common on 2nd Gen Intrepids.

Has anyone had this problem? The thing is... I've noticed this pink stuff he calls corrosion since the 1st month a I bought the car brand new in July '98. It just flakes off. It's not even that much. Could this just be normal and he's trying to get my $$$$$$$$????

·
Registered
202 Posts
Was it a DC mechanic that pointed it out? Ever since being a member of this group and participating on the Chrysler group on news, I haven't heard anything about this being a "common" item. You might try posting there.
I'd monitor it for fluid loss. You know the old adage..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it." HTH.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ya my car does that, under the hood right there is a little nozzle that has this pink stuff that flakes, one time I was at the dealer getting my oil changed and I asked the service department manager if that was normal and he said yes. It's a pressure release valve for the radiator(or something like that) so it's normal to my knowledge. But I think OTTOWRKR might have some knowledge on this? :p

·
Registered
493 Posts
They are looking to take your money. I had a 99 base Intrep that did the same thing. Never had a problem up to 66k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts