DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car has had some issues lately; starting the car it would stumble and act like stalling, but then get up to speed and go. Then it would start surging at idle, which is never a good feeling. Based on what I read, I was convinced that my IAC was either dirty or on it's way out. Looks like both. I pulled it out and wiped it off with a rag and some nice carbon came off. Fired it up, and had really bad surging, so I took it for a drive around the block just to see if getting it warmed up would help. It didn't. Took it off again and tried to wipe down the shaft of the plunger which had a nice coating of gunk too. Well, in the process, it now won't move freely, or even with some decent force. :poopoo: To make matters worse, I dropped one of the bolts holding it on. The car hasn't left the parking space as it now won't start and stay going. It stalls out immediately if I let go of the gas, and then stalls out as soon as I let go. Looks like I broke my IAC, and no local store has one in stock. Anything I can do to confirm if mine is busted?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
i would guess that if the plunger wont move freely its shot

1 - 2 of 2 Posts