DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on here since last year when i had a '98 interpid es with the 3.2. It was nice but i got bored with it soo i traded it for a '99 expedition which the head gasket went bad and the motor seized up on me, soo right now i'm using my family's '99 subuaru wagon 2.2 auto but the headgasket is bad on that and she is ready to quit, and the tranny is slipping. Soo i found a '00 intrepid r/t with 143k for $2100 firm. has new inspection sticker and good tires, and suspention parts. going to look at it tuesday. I did research and realized they are stripped down from what i has the es, cause mine had black leather and i liked that but oh well i will trade that for the 3.5 anyday. Anyways what should i look out for ? Do these cars require premium fuel ? If i get the car any basic bolt on mods ? such as k&n intake superchip ?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
All R/Ts came with the 3.5 motor. You might be thinking of some of the early ES Base models that had the 2.7 Hank. That Timing Belt/WaterPump/Tensioner Pulley needs to be changed ASAP if it hasn't been done already. Otherwise that car is on borrowed time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts