DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the auto store I work at I brought and Omega MARS22, remote starter, in because we have it on sale this month. This got me looking at Omega's website, www.caralarm.com, and thinking about installing a remote starter. I've never really looked into car alarms and starters and wanted to see what some of you on here thought of Omega's stuff.

I figure that Omega's products have to at least be better than the other brand we carry, Designtec, which physically look like any other cheap all in one alarm/starter but come with barely any instructions.

I have heard of other brands like Viper and Valet but, without checking them out as of yet, seem like more than I want to spend on a starter/alarm. The big draw of the Omega for me is that it is cheap, from what I've seen, and seems like it has some ability to be upgraded.

·
Registered
655 Posts
hmmmm, personally, i think vipers are some of the best ones out there (DEI products are quality)....hate clifforts and audiovoxes lol (we've found that audiovoxes are a pain in the @$$ to install and especially to configure)

just remember, you get what you pay for....and upgradability just tells more about the product....i look at it this way:

you get to pick between 2 cars...1 is 95 Eclipse, which is cheap and has a ton of crap to add on and change on it. the other car is cadillac deville...more expensive and virtually unacceptable for any upgrades (especially when comparing to the eclipse)

which one would u pick?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I'm just kinda looking for a toy I guess which after looking at the Clifford stuff, without checking out Viper yet, the unit we have on sale is a toy by comparison. It has basic starting and security features but some of the stuff the Clifford G5 has are intense. I esepecially like the radar add-on which detects movement with-in a foot of the car. Then there is the Blackjax which after someone takes your car lets them get away for it for a minute then locks them out.

Not that I need any of this stuff, I just have a lowly 1'st gen ES. But still would be fun stuff to play with.

·
Registered
655 Posts
that "radar" addon you are referring to is a microwave proximity sensor, and it is a (#&*$ to configure and a pain in the ass to have if u dont configure it just right....trust me on that one lol

the only reason i got my first alarm is for my car to go "beep" when i press the button lol!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts