DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people. My Trep is now officially done. I have given it to my mechanic to part out. I have been looking at the Concorde and like the performance of the 3.2 or even more the 3.5 (want the limited version for 250hp). At this point the best deals are in the Toronto area and I am in the Ottawa area which poses a bit of a problem. The selection in TO is big. What do you guys think of the Concorde? I personally love the look and interior. The leather package with sunroof is sweet.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dafella said:
Concordes are real nice. I'm putting a 3.5HO in my '99 Corde. Definitely get the limited.
Actually I have changed my mind after remembering about the 300M series. I have found several used ones - I will be checking out a loaded 1999 with the 250hp engine.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
LHSDriver01 said:
LHS's are nice if you can find one ;)
Yeh, I have been reading up on my choices. Lots of reviews on the net. The LHS would be nice too. Tomorrow I check out the used 300M. It boasts the 353hp engine - should be nice. The car is the loaded model with leather and sunroof etc. I was surprised to find out that they have had no calls on it (except mine) since they posted the car in the Auto Trader 2 weeks ago. I wonder if it is due to the gas crunch (big engine) or lack of interest in this model. I personally love the design of this series along with the Intrepid and Concorde. If I had not had such a good experience with my 93 Trep (reliability) I would not be looking for another similiar Chrysler product. The previous owner of my Trep bought a new Concorde (at the time) and now has bought a new 300C.
I am going to do a search for a LHS now...will see whats available.
Cheers!

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Ant said:
Yeh, I have been reading up on my choices. Lots of reviews on the net. The LHS would be nice too. Tomorrow I check out the used 300M. It boasts the 353hp engine - should be nice.
Cheers!

You mean 253hp ;)

And the LHS sports the same engine as the M. Difference is, ths LHS doesn't have autostick, is 10" longer - mostly in the trunk, and I *think* has a softer suspension.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just found a 2000 LHS that a dealership just bought. I was calling about a 300M they had listed and was negotiating the price. They where firm but said they just bought a LHS and will be listing it on Monday. It has 104,000kms and they are asking only 7900. I will check this one out tomorrow. I can live without autostick although it would be nice. As long as it is in good condition and no repaint, rust, runs great etc. I think that will be my choice.
Cheers!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I have not had good luck finding the Concorde or LHS in the condition I want. The LHS I went to check out had been repainted in spots and had some bad rust spots under the paint...something fishy there. There are a lot more Intrepids available so I will be checking out some 2001-2003 with the 3.5L (preferably the SXT). I will not buy any model with the 2.7L.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts