DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local Ford dealer has a couple of Mach 1`s for $25,907. Any body think this is a good deal? I looked a couple a weeks ago and nobody had one. And if they did they would not come down of the sticker price of $29,000 to $30,000. My MS is getting worse and i now have to take shots once a day. This might be the last new car i get for my self. If the MS get`s any worse i will not be able to drive. I have always liked Mutangs and this might be my last chance. I have to get a auto so the wife can drive it so in a few years if a the MS makes me not able to drive she can. Plus it would be easy for my to drive also. The color would be yellow 1st then black then red, dark shadow grey metallic, white and last blue. I would trade in the 300M after i stripped off all the mods chrome shifter, upgraded radio, KN filter, tires. Any insight would be helpfully.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I thought they were pretty cool with the "shaker hood"... Ithink the mach has somewhere around 300 ponies 40 more then a Gt I like them !!! I'd buy a Metallic Blue Gt cuz I love that blue...Go for it and enjoy it..... wonder how many tickets you can get in a couple years????

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Considering your circumstances.... I would get whatever the hell you feel like. Screw the cash. Enjoy yourself and get it!

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
That is a great deal Kevin!

Treat yourself while you can buddy. You deserve it, and it is especially sweet since you have always liked the cars anyway.

Remember, you can call me any time you need, too.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Go for it man! Enjoy it while you can!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
pr0digy said:
get it!! isnt that 305hp? theyre awesome!
I said somewhere around.... what's 5Hp amoung freinds!:eek: :blush:

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
305 hp and 320 lb torque motor trend mag Oct 2003 tested a auto 13.88 at 101.9 in the 1/4 mile. The stick was 13.2 at 106.7. 1/4 mile times. The dealer just called me back and they can get a yellow auto for me $ 800.00 more for the auto so about $26,700. Still sounds good i am going there now to see what kind of deal i can make with the 300M.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i will find out Sat. My payments will be around what my 300M were. If we make the deal i will get the car on Monday. The wife has her fingers crossed she really wants to get one.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Enjoy life. If it makes you and your wife happy (That is rare, being married myself) dump the 300M and hold on :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
For a FORD they actually look ok. I guess if that is your kind of thing and you can't possibly think of something better to buy for $26,000 bucks ... Id say go for it!

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
I say screw a ford you can buy a 2002 Camaro SS with 320 Hp and it looks alot better. As you can tell I am not a Ford fan. but do what you wan't. I just know several people who buy a Ford and the thing falls apart in the first year. But if you realy want it go for it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
i too like the stangs but id jump on a ws-6 ta or a ss camaro any day over the stang. wow spook i cant beleive your getting rid of the 300m..........i love that car. ill have to make a special trip for the next moa meet if you get it!!!!!!!! you could give all rides in the parking lot to test it out :)

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
The classic battle between Mustang and Camaro.
I'm truely neutral over both cars and also have owned one of each.
To say one is better than the other is childish, really it depends on what year and model you are comparing.
For the 60's Camaro is King. Maybe the 70's too.
I like Iroc Z's and GTA's in the 80's but alway remember a 5.0 of the same era will stomp a Camaro or TA.
GM takes it back in the 90's, the LT1 Camaro was a better car and slightly faster too. In 98 the LS1 Camaro made it and easy choice, especially since the Mustang got slower with the switch from 5L to 4.6.
But for all who think the last Camaros reign over the Mustang do not know what a SVT Cobra is all about.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts