DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
These are the shoes my car is wearing now. Handling and cornering is excellent. Very smooth tire, and for me driving like a maniac, very good treadwear! Only went down a little tiny bit since new. But then again, I did pay close to $400 to get them.

J

·
0 Posts
Oh, by the way, those tires are standard OEM euipment on E class Benzes and some S classes.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Same tires I have my R/T. They sucked on the autox course, but have been excellent on the street. And so far, they are holding up quite well wear wise as well...

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
dbaudiopro said:
Same tires I have my R/T. They sucked on the autox course, but have been excellent on the street. And so far, they are holding up quite well wear wise as well...
Well, the only thing good for autoX is r compound. It's too tight, too short, I'm loosing interest after only 3 events. 114 inch wheel base just isn't meant for auto crossing.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
RJ said:
Well, the only thing good for autoX is r compound. It's too tight, too short, I'm loosing interest after only 3 events. 114 inch wheel base just isn't meant for auto crossing.
Yeah but r compound puts you in a class you have no chance of competing in. My old Toyos were awsome for it, but at $200/tire, I couldn't afford to replace them for everyday tires. If I go back to autox'ing I'm getting some Falken Azenis for a spare set of rims. You just need to find a group that makes some longer tracks... ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
better to dig up an old thread than make a new one

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bart68,

How are the triple treads working out? I am interested in them as well. Have you tried them in the snow? Did you arder from Tire Rack, and if you did, was there any hassle with a Canadian address?

Thanks,

Sam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts