DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are thinking that after the Trep gets fixed of trading it in on a Saturn Ion 4dr coupe (Sport Version). What do you think? We saw one at the State Fair this year and she fell in LOVE with it and its all she's talked about. I mean the Trep is her car anyway and she wants something smaller, and different.
 

·
.
Joined
·
9,861 Posts
In a way, so is your other car (Gm=Saturn).:p



I'm not liking the looks. Nor the power (140hp i4)

But, hey, if its what she really wants...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
I used to have a Saturn....loved that thing. Randy and I checked them out at the auto show this year (thank you for letting me look Randy), and I didn't like any of them anymore. They seem so cheaply made.....just my opinion....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
You will love the Saturn Ion, and you'll love the dealership even more. Unfortunately, a primary complaints include the center location of the instrument cluster, numb steering feel, and pronounced road and wind noise.

On the plus side, its rock solid reliable, good looking (reminds me of the new Maxima), and picks up and handles pretty well for its class.

Oh and the price is hard to beat.

-Jesda
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,960 Posts
Jesda said:
...good looking (reminds me of the new Maxima)...
Yep, FUGLY! :p

I test drove a Saturn SC2 in 2001 when I bought my R/T and though I thought the car was fun to drive and the third door felt really solid. It was underpowered, overpriced AND it felt like the most CHEAPLY built car in the world! Everything on the interior just screamed cheap...maybe it's a GM thing, but the shifter, steering wheel, seats, visors, arm rest, etc etc, ALL felt VERY cheap to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,650 Posts
I thought you said you were looking at a Honda Civic?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
you'll have dent resistant door panels!:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hypnos said:
In a way, so is your other car (Gm=Saturn).:p



I'm not liking the looks. Nor the power (140hp i4)

But, hey, if its what she really wants...
That picture you have is of the 4dr sedan....my wife wants the 4 dr coupe Ya know like the 3dr coupe, but with the 4th dr on the other side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,564 Posts
id say get the ion!! that car looks pretty sweet. and u cant even compare the ion to the older sc2's totally diffrent platform and motor. great price. it has better performance then the civic. and you get used to the center mount gauges rather quickly. but if your looking at the quad coupe(thats the name of the 4dr coupe) price range id say to look at a mini cooper. whihc is what im looking at buying in about 2 years. so many features its ridicioulous. and its very large inside despite what others may think.it actually has better performance numbers then the trep as well. and not to mention it handles like a go kart!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maverick9110E said:
id say get the ion!! that car looks pretty sweet. and u cant even compare the ion to the older sc2's totally diffrent platform and motor. great price. it has better performance then the civic. and you get used to the center mount gauges rather quickly. but if your looking at the quad coupe(thats the name of the 4dr coupe) price range id say to look at a mini cooper. whihc is what im looking at buying in about 2 years. so many features its ridicioulous. and its very large inside despite what others may think.it actually has better performance numbers then the trep as well. and not to mention it handles like a go kart!
Yeah, my wife liked the instrument panel in the middle. She wants a 4 dr that looks sporty and doesnt look like a 4dr. She and I hate the looks of the 4dr sports cars, they just dont look right. The only cars that have been able to pull it off are the Pontiac Grand Prix and the TREP! The others look like crap. Sure they put a spoiler on the back, but have these chincey looking hubcaps...ooooh thats sporty! WHATEVER!!! She also likes the VUE if she does decide to go with an SUV..Eventhough they are high in insurance and the tags are the most expensive.
 

·
.
Joined
·
9,861 Posts
JapCrapHater said:
That picture you have is of the 4dr sedan....my wife wants the 4 dr coupe Ya know like the 3dr coupe, but with the 4th dr on the other side.
Is this it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,649 Posts
Actually, at least in Texas, the insurance isn't that bad. My girlfriend is looking for a new car and compared insurance rates for 5 different cars: Beetlebug, Corolla, Civic, Tribute/Escape and CR-V (nothing like being completely undecided on what you want ot buy :rolleyes: ). The CR-V was the cheapest followed by the Tribute/Escape and the Civic was the most expensive at nearly double the cost of the CR-V...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hypnos said:
Is this it?
YEP, thats it! It looks sweet. Hell the dealership had American racing wheels on it instead of the manufactured fugly wheels that come with it, and they had ground effects on it. I like that you can change the color of the roof molding and the color of the instrument panel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
dbaudiopro said:
Actually, at least in Texas, the insurance isn't that bad. My girlfriend is looking for a new car and compared insurance rates for 5 different cars: Beetlebug, Corolla, Civic, Tribute/Escape and CR-V (nothing like being completely undecided on what you want ot buy :rolleyes: ). The CR-V was the cheapest followed by the Tribute/Escape and the Civic was the most expensive at nearly double the cost of the CR-V...
Here in Iowa, the SUV's no matter what brand are the highest for tags, over $100.00. My friend has a 92 Blazer and he still has to pay that much for tags, and his insurance is about that much too! But insurance is different for everybody..it depends on your driving record, the type of vehicle you own, and anymore your Credit rating. So you cant go by what kind of coverage that JOHN DOE has on his because it may differ.
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Top