DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, my uncle is driving behind me today and tells me that my left brake light is out, and also that the left side of my third brake light is out.

Is there just a single bulb replacement for the regular left brake light that i can install by opening the trunk and removing the lights? how do i go about this?

also, on my third brake light...must i pull off my rear cover to get to this?

how can this be fixed? is this just a bulb replacement as well?

someone with experience in this please inform me, im not the best when it comes to these things but i need to get it fixed ASAP!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Easily fixed! Look in your trunk and where the light is for the trunk there will be a hole near it that accesses the third brake light bulbs. Quarter turn and they come out. DO NOT LEAVE THE SOCKET OUT AND SHUT THE TRUNK!!!!! It may pop the red lens off, then you will have to remove the back seat and pull the shelf out to fix it.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Yeah, to fix the lower brake light you just remove the 4 plastic wingnuts inside the trunk and pull the assembly out. 2 are visible, 2 are hidden behind the trunk liner, just pull it out of the way and you'll see them. To save your fingers, use an 8mm(i think) socket to remove the wingnuts...otherwise you'll kill your fingers. Throw in a new 3157 bulb and you'll be ready to roll. The 3rd brake light is even easier to fix.

·
Registered
143 Posts
At some point, did the Center High Mount Stop Light go from two bulbs to one? My 1997 Concorde only has one bulb, dead center. I've seen older Concordes with two.

·
Registered
510 Posts
94_Concorde said:
Yeah, I have noticed that too. Our 97 Trepid only has one 3157 bulb in it, my Corde has two. My guess is 95 or 96 and up have one. That seems like the years for changes to the LH line.
I have a '96 and my third brake light has two bulbs. :confused:
I guess the factory got a batch of single bulb housings in and substituted them for the two bulb.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My 1997 has no wiring or mounting provisions for an extra bulb...it's one wire, one socket, one bulb, one hole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts