DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am thinking of debadging the back end of the car so to speak, I am wondering what you guys would think about taking the intrepid letters off and putting them on my led lit third brake light bar? I wouldnt have anything else back there except the letters on the bar.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wouldn't, I just think that's a tad bit too much...yet again thats just my opinion. Never seen that before though.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
If you are wanting to put the entire INTREPID over the 3rd barke light so it stands out when you hit the brake...not thinking it would look right. Not enough room. Now if you put T R E P over it that might work and maybe look okay. Take your letters off...put clear tape over them and tape them to that area and test it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking at spreading it over the entire bar because I have the LED's in there. I think I will do the tape idea and see how it goes, unless someone that is good at photoshop can test it out for me before hand.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I actually think that's a pretty neat idea......especially since your entire bar is lit. If it's spaced out evenly it should look nice. Are you thinking of painting if black or OEM?

EDIT: You're thinking of putting the actual badges from the trunk onto the bar? That.....I'm not too sure of. I think it would look more neat if you painted it so that "Intrepid" lights up whenever the LED's are on. But that's just personal preference. Putting the badges on the bar will look nice at night, but in the daytime....that's another story. Just my .02

·
Registered
439 Posts
IMO i think the word "TREP" would look better. If you try that tape idea, take some pics. I am curious on how it would come out.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, I will try to debadge it this weekend and take some pics. The wife is fighting me on taking off the badges, so we will see how it goes.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
she just happen to be sitting here when you said that....doh...She gave me a dirty look. She doesnt want me to do it because she says it will cost money....I explained to her it wont. Just some heat and super glue.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I "paint" shopped the letters on the bar because I have a good rear end shot and I'm inferno red so the taillights match closely

Not bad if I say so myself

·
Registered
439 Posts
wow that actually looks pretty damn sweet I might consider doing this myself but its gonna be hard getting the proper measurements

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Just a thought, you might want to tighten them up a little. That way the TREP will light up with the back up light.
Since you are redoing the Bar (LED project) I would make the back up part light red when in park and driving, and then light up white when in reverse. That way the light serves dual fuctions. You can do it by installing red as well as white LED's. Another thing I would do is have some of the LED's in the light bar connected to the turn signals so that part of the bar would work with the trun signals, how much would depend on you. Since I am on a roll here, you can add the center bar to your brake lights too, that way the whole bar would act as a third brake light. you would need some resistors (for parking lights, and some diodes to control functions.). I better stop before I put a trep rear end on my 300M.
I did this on my 300M lights (the top turn signal was changed to parking/brake/driving light, the center backup was changed to turn/backup light, and the bottom 3 are brake/park/driving). It give a great show when giving a turn signal while in reverse.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I already have the led mod done. I did it last summer. I think I might change it back to being on when the park lights are on, but I like the idea of them comming on with the brake lights to surprise people.

The measurement shouldnt be hard to figure out, I will just take the length of the bar divide it by the number of letters and I should get the spacing that will look good. I am going outside here in a few minutes, and will take some pics as I go along. I will take some pics tonight with it lit up too. Any idea's on how I should secure it to the bar? I am thinking plain old super-glue should work??

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Super glue will haze the plastic. If it runs you will not be able to get rid of the marks it leaves. Get emblem double sticky tape from somewhere and use it

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the wife is out shopping while I am doing the removing, and she needs some double sided 3m tape so she is going to get some for me. I told her to get indoor/outside tape. So we will see. The more I am looking at it though, the more I am almost leaning towards keeping the back end bare.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay, once I started to place the letters it just didnt look right. It would be better painted on or something, but the crome letters just dont look right. So I debadged it except the Dodge part. I like it that way and am thinking maybe I will use some made for plastic spray paint that looks crome to put the letters on if I do it. Also on a side note, I took my interior light out of the front, cut the plastic welds and spray painted the inside so it will reflect the light and make it brighter. I will shoot a pic of it when I am done.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 25 Posts