DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This car went to Agadir, over scolding hot and steep mountains, and through hot deserts, and back. A friend of the owner drove it home after it was parked and left in Spain. The engine overheated just before it reached home in Norway. Ground plug to the radator fans radio noise supressor and header for the two fans was burnt.
A head gasket had blown, so the owner gave it to his friend, if he promised to fix it.
The heads were refurbished; milled, and got a valve job, and was mounted with new gasketes.
Afterwards the car would not start, and the previous owner bought it back for the cost of the parts, and job done on the heads. This was ~5 years ago.
Thanks to this forum and lot of reading that made me look after the possible errors and rule out the unlikely ones. After ruling out sensors, I knew the ignition coil did not get any juice because of an uncommon error; Someone had interchanged the Ignition coil contact with the right side O2 sensor contact. (yes they can). The colors of the wires, and the coil contact test procedure done on the one which sat in the O2-sensor revealed the culprit. Before this, fuse 20 would blow on igition on, I put the contacts in their right holes, and a new fuse 20 (10A)
and Bob's your uncle. A happy garage moment. :)
Great looking car, no rust, drives and handles like new.

How do I post images? Edit: I made it, they were too large, I had to reduce them.

Attachments

·
Woober Goobers!
50,886 Posts
You can post attachments. It's the "Paper Clip" icon under the text box. Just select a file from your PC.

Reactions: vidar0

·
Woober Goobers!
50,886 Posts
For an example....using the "Paper Clip" icon below and uploading a file from my PC.
001.JPG
e from my PC......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I reduced them, and edited my original post. Then they showed up. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
17,203 Posts
Bob's your uncle. Heh!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,886 Posts
Wow! Great looking example of a 1st gen. Very clean!

·
Registered
15,216 Posts
Nice to see they are still around and in great condition.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If it's as clean as it looks in those photos, then.......Wow!

What's the mileage? Was it originally sold in Norway? Any other interesting history?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I added some more not so good footage, and yes it is smashing.

This Intrepid was bought new 1995 in the US by a Swedish exhange student, and he liked it so much that he brought it home to Sweden after he graduated. Many years later, a Norwegian with a cabin on the Swedish west coast bought it, and used it there with Swedish plates on during his holydays there.
Later he bought a holyday flat in Spain, and took the car there.
Some years later it was sold in Spain, to todays Norwegian owner who also has a flat in the same area, and used it the same way, and also took it for long trips, for instance to northern Africa.
Now the car is in Norway, and is well cared for.
I got it running again after the engine work, and it is maby going back to Spain.... :)
It has about 90 000 miles on the odometeter. The two last owners never used it as a daily driver, and kept it in a garage.
In the Nordic countries, good American cars which survive 20-30 years or more often end up as hobby projects, kept up and driven to car meets and cruising along with other equally crazy Amcar owners.
The body style of these cars are one of the best and most tasteful from the 90's I think; timeless, and it could be a successful design even today.
I think none Dodge Intrepids were sold in Norway, but a few of the otherwise branded LH cars were.
I have only seen this one, ever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts