DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Looks like it should, find out what size that coupler is on the end, you'll need 2.5" to attach to the plastic the accordian tube is attached to now. That looks just like the spectre brand intake, except the filter is on the opposite end, so just switch it to the other end and you should be good.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The spectre intake, 2 of them, one is trimmed to just right above the fender for cold air.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
$80 on a civic intake... what is the world coming to.

Toronto Ben... the intake that so many peopla have on their cars and what we commonly refer to as the "Spectre" intake is a universal intake designed to fit a ton of different cars. Its usually sold as a Civic product because Civic owners are usually most likely to buy it.

Any intake you see with a straight pipe about 15" long and a small bend on the end will work. Don't make it harder than it is...

·
Registered
207 Posts
that same intake is 40 bucks at Autozone and then the filter is another 20, boom u just saved your self 20 bucks + shipping. I have a custom made intake on mine... me and jerbearbluez have the same, its massive...

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I think thats the same intake I bought for my 2nd gen. I got for $20 with a filter from a wholesaler who came to my store. I had to cut a few inches off the end to get it to fit right but then it was good. The coupler I got with it was too small as well so to make it fit I heated it up with a blow dryer and stretched one side of it over a jar that was slightly larger than my stock tube and left it on there for a few days. I took it off and it contracted a little so with a little wiggling it fit very snugly on my stock tube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts