DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh man I think this would be such an awesome mod to do! why hasn't anyone done this? and how hard would this be todo? saaayyy take a 300m mirror with turn signal and put it on a 1st gen?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It's been done before man, it requires a LOT of modification. A guy on this board actually did it.

·
Dain bramaged
7,191 Posts
ACR did it to his 1g. Those mirrors are a wee bit expensive for me to just be muckin around with.

http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/t37400/ <- click for thread!

from that thread

I bought two mirror coming from a 300M special. This is not a Bolt-on mod. In fact at the beginig I couldn't bolt the mirror to the door. I needed help coming from a body shop. We need to cut the framing of the door. The other thing we done is heating the mirror to mold the plastic. Tomorow we are suppose to cut the mirror a little bit and add finition to the top corner for the mirror to be a perfect fit. After that I will paint the mirror to match the car.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
holy sh*t that looks awesome! and I luv the vents on the bottom of his bumper! wow I guess he's long gone by now. thanks again for the link! now hook me up with that shifter leather boot pattern! LOL

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
hey I found a guy who sells the mirrors with the signal on them comes in amber/white/blue gonna call him today and see if he's got any for my trep! heres what they look like

oh and he's here in montreal!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
hey I found a guy who sells the mirrors with the signal on them comes in amber/white/blue gonna call him today and see if he's got any for my trep! heres what they look like

oh and he's here in montreal!
They dont make any for the intrepid. I have a set of these at home that I started modifying to fit my car and never finished because I boght some special mirrors, There pretty cheaply made.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
100% sure. They ae made in 2 pieces, the mirror and the base. All the mirrors are the same, The base is whats diffferent. They are model specific.

I dont know why they dont make them for intrepids, It wouldnt be hard to make a base to fit our cars.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I experimented with turn signal or "m3 sytle" mirrors on my car for a while. My measurements and research pretty much confirmed that the closest base out there to what the first gens have is the 1G Dodge Neon. I bought a set, but the angles were still too far off to fit well. I started hacking up a set but abandoned the project when my trans went to hell.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I experimented with turn signal or "m3 sytle" mirrors on my car for a while. My measurements and research pretty much confirmed that the closest base out there to what the first gens have is the 1G Dodge Neon. I bought a set, but the angles were still too far off to fit well. I started hacking up a set but abandoned the project when my trans went to hell.
Lol, Thats exactly what I did. But never finished either, went with specials mirrors instead. I just went to the junkyard and looked for the closest fitting mirror.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts