DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Group,

My names Jason and I'm originially from the 300M Club but seeing as how many of you guys visit over there I figured I'd drop by and say Hi to everyone. Here are a couple pics for you all to enjoy! Let me know what you guys think.

The Engine Bay

A side shot of my neighbors of the rear right door panel

Another shot...this was after a clay bar and wax/buff job!

The Interior

At the Shed Aquarium

Red L.E.D. Turn Signals

My Special with the Chicago SkyLine Background

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
I have seen this ride up close. It is one of the cleanest 300M's I have seen. The tail lights look sweet!

Also if anyone is ever going to Chicago, Jason is a sweet tour guide! When we were up there we missed our turn and pretty much got lost and Jason found us in about 2 minutes lol. I hope to make it to Chicago again and have Jason show me around.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen this ride up close. It is one of the cleanest 300M's I have seen. The tail lights look sweet!

Also if anyone is ever going to Chicago, Jason is a sweet tour guide! When we were up there we missed our turn and pretty much got lost and Jason found us in about 2 minutes lol. I hope to make it to Chicago again and have Jason show me around.
Thanks for the kind words bro! And definetly u have to come out to the Chi again! Remember the Sears Tower? Are u telling them that story of when u guys missed the turn to Lower Wacker (where they filmed both Batman Begins & Dark Knight) well yeah guys they missed the turn and ended back on the freeway and I had asked them what was the last sign u passed and as soon as they responded I took off WOT and blew past them at about 120-130mph lol! That was fun! I remember Mike telling me the only reason he knew it was me was becuz of the Red L.E.D. turn signals I had on flashing so they could find me lol! Man....good memorys!!! Definetly come out to Chicago again I'd be more then Happy to take u guys out again! Hey imma be at Toms....hope to see you all there!

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Wish I could make it to Toms but aint seeing it as I'm in the middle of changing jobs.

I am trying to make plans to come out again and see the town. Personal tour where I dont have to drive would be the best lol.

·
Registered
430 Posts
knowing that one way to get paint looking that good is to sand it down, paint, sand, paint, and then sand between each clear coat... getting finer on the sand paper each time of course...

so what did you do? how many coats of paint? how many clear coats?

looks spectacular by the way... just the way I want mine eventually...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
knowing that one way to get paint looking that good is to sand it down, paint, sand, paint, and then sand between each clear coat... getting finer on the sand paper each time of course...

so what did you do? how many coats of paint? how many clear coats?

looks spectacular by the way... just the way I want mine eventually...
Actually would you believe me if I told ya the car is a 2002 (6 years old) and my daily driver kept outside? Take a look:

Actually to be quite honest w/ya...I haven't done anything close to what u said lol! I just wash it....clay bar it...and liquid wax n buff it! Here are the products that I use:

For the clay barring and...

For the waxing! It takes me about 4hrs to detail the whole car by myself

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Jason, your car is amazing. I have alot of respect for you and your car!

Maybe I will bring the trep down to the Chicago SkyLine area. Who knows I may not even bring the trep and just bring my moms vechile and get a hotel and jump in your car to tour

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Here's a couple more (a couple of pics are pretty big in resolution but I wanted to show how clean I keep this Special...even during winter)

Your cluster looks blue in that pic^^^ ...dont know if it is the camera or you put a morpher on it.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Trying not to steal your thread thought I would throw some of the pictures I found on here from the last Chicago Meet.

Tooch and Jasons 300M

Looking at the Sears Tower

Kyle, me, Jason, Mike, Dan

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your cluster looks blue in that pic^^^ ...dont know if it is the camera or you put a morpher on it.
It was the flash of the camera. If I were to change the color of the cluster I would have to change ALL the interior lights to match as well....and seeing as how that would be a lot of work to change it all....I just deal w/the "green" look

·
Registered
445 Posts
hot damn that is a clean car... I would eat off of that... of course I would have to find a way for you to let me put food on it in the first place.. and i doubt that is happening!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Group,

I wanted to share with you all my detailing tips. As I see many Intrepids here already look very nice!

Well 1st I start off washing the car down with a good soap:

using a "mitten" to scrub:

Now after washing the vehicle down...you may want to dry it off with one of these (they're pretty handy):

Okay now for the "fun" part! This takes a lot of time so make sure you park your car in a shaded area. Take the Clay Bar kit (see pic below) and begin spraying the Quick Detailer Spray that is included with the Kit itself and begin spraying down the vehicle one section at a time. Rub the Clay only on the wet part of the car and if its your first time doing this….then please take your sweet time and maybe go over each section one more time. After doing a piece take the Micro fiber Soft cloth (that is included with the Kit) and dry the clayed section off. Afterwards look at the clay bar itself and see all the dirt that you just removed that a regular wash couldn’t! This clay bar takes off all the dirt under the clear coat itself that’s why it’s so affective! Ok about 2-3hr later when you’re done with the ENTIRE VEHICLE (don’t get lazy now….I know it’s a lot of work but trust me…its well worth it! Look at my Special….you’ll get the same results because my vehicles paint was not in the best shape…..before I used the clay bar that is) When your done clay barring…take your fingers and run it across the paint I guarantee you you’ll feel a BIG DIFFERENCE!!! Now we’re ready to begin waxing! I highly recommend using this wax (see pic below) okay take the liquid wax and be generous with the amount you put on the vehicle. Always remember to use a circular motion (don’t know why….everyone just does it though lol!) and go over the entire vehicle. If your generous in the first application then a 2nd one is not needed but if this is your 1st time waxing then yeah….id go over it once more (again I know it’s a lot of work but the results will pay off). Now that you’re done waxing you can begin buffing it off. Remember to get down in the wax with the buffer and move the pad in a circular motion. If you don’t have buffers then its okay…just use a micro fiber soft cloth or a new towel. After you finish buffing or “toweling” off the wax…the exterior body is done!

The Clay Bar Kit ($20 at Advanced Auto Parts)

The Liquid Wax I highly recommend ($10 at Advanced Auto Parts)

Now on to the Interior of your vehicle…I would start by dusting it off with anything you have laying around. I use this

This thing is phenomenal! After dusting I usually do the glass next. I use Invisible Glass cleaner (see pic below) Remember not use anything that has ammonia….if you have tinted windows…you can run the risk of ruining them. This cleaner doesn’t leave any streaks or fog behind.

Now to take care of the dash. I use this: Black Magic Protectant (if you want your dash to shine this will do the trick….but if you don’t like the shiny dash look then I advise you not to use this product) I also use this on the leather shifter and my steering wheel and door panels

Okay were almost finish now. Now to take care of the leather seats, I use two things. First I treat the Leather with a Conditioner (see pic below) I apply a generous amount and then rub it off…then I spray it down with this Cleaner & Conditioner (again see pic below)

The Conditioner ($7 at Advanced)

The Spray Cleaner & Conditioner ($7 at Advanced also)

Now to wrap it all up for the interior….all that’s left is the carpet. More work! Fatigued should be kicking in by now….but if so take a quick break…grab a cold one….and get back to it cause we’re almost finished! Now vacuum as much as possible to get all the dirt and food as much as possible. This is a good scented spray I use (see pic below) not only does it leave your carpet smelling fresh it comes with a brush to scrub as you clean your carpets.

Now you can take a break because you finished the car. Next cleaning under the hood! Thought you were finished didn't ya....lol?

Okay this is relatively simple. To get the same results I did try doing what I did. Okay so I took a heavy degreaser compound cleaner….I use Orange Blast (see pic below) spray the whole engine down (I know I know….what about the electrical parts…alternator…battery….etc) its okay I’ve done this for 2years now and have never had a problem. Spray the whole engine down and let it sit for about 15mins…..now take a hose (if you have a pressure sprayer I would use this….if not then just use your thumb for pressure) Spray and brush the whole engine down and using that rubber blade I mentioned earlier try to get as much as possible off, now use a towel to get the rest. After drying as much as possible….start the car up and let it idle for about 5-7mins to allow the engine to dry the rest of the water you couldn’t get off and shut it down. Take this Spray here (see pic below….Black Magic Engine Shine) and shine her up!!! I usually spray this everywhere to get the Engine Bay Area to really SHINE!!! And voila you are now done….this should take you a couple hours if done correctly but this will last you for about 2 weeks or so.

Oh I almost forgot….wipe down your rims (I don’t have chrome rims so am not about to give advice on how to clean those) but I just use this to shine them up.

If your still reading this far I tip my hat off to you! Thanks for reading and I hope you guys enjoyed my write up & I hope that you all get the same results as I did cleaning my Special!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The car looks great! I think it makes mine look bad in that one pic of ours. haha. Good times in Chi-town. Can't wait to do it again. Or at least next time you come up here. And also, call Meguiar's and tell them you want to be a sales rep for them. Your one post looks like an ad. lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts