DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal, its a pic of the LR strut tower from under the well. And pay close attention. Let me know if you think anything seems wrong or out of place...

If you can't figure that out, I feel sorry for you. Here's the sad thing, my brother never did the struts on that car, and between us we have about 50k on that car. So those might still be OE.

Oh, I did upgrade to Bosch Platinum plugs, just the regular ones for now. I might get +2s some other time. And added new wires, and it feels damn good too. Runs like a top. I'm in the midst of a massive rebuild: suspension, brakes, battery, tires and more.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Looks like mine. Welcome to the site btw. Another Iowa member, good deal.

·
Generating clever phrase...
688 Posts
Dude if my struts looked that nice I'd be happy. I've got like 170k miles on my car. Change those things when they get bad, because if you wait too long they may get rusted to the car like mine. LOL Welcome

*Edit* I see nothing wrong, but they get screwed easily IMO

·
Dain bramaged
7,191 Posts
These cars like basic copper plugs fyi, don't fall for the marketing gimicks of the +2/splitfires/depeleated uranium crap. Platinum plugs have a higher resistance and can/will burn out the coil pack. These cars are happy with just your basic copper plugs in em.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
whats wrong cause I don't see any thing wrong
X2, other then it looks like he took his beast muddin haha. Not that theres anything wrong with that, when I first got my '94 I would take er muddin all the time and never had anything go wrong, not sure how or why but good thing I got all that out of my system cause now I take care of my car lol.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so its supposed to look bent like that?! Wild. I took a look at that and went Adam "There's your problem!"

I don't particularly think that even a strut boot should have that angle, I'll have better pics hopefully this weekend when I get some time to tear off the wheels and snap some pics of the suspension.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also, it tends to look like that when you have family members who live on gravel roads and you don't tend to wash under the wells. Plus I haven't washed it in about three weeks, been raining too much. And since the car washes here suck balls, I've got to do it in my yard, and I don't much feel like sinking into my lawn!

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
Here's the deal, its a pic of the LR strut tower from under the well. And pay close attention. Let me know if you think anything seems wrong or out of place...

If you can't figure that out, I feel sorry for you. Here's the sad thing, my brother never did the struts on that car, and between us we have about 50k on that car. So those might still be OE.

Oh, I did upgrade to Bosch Platinum plugs, just the regular ones for now. I might get +2s some other time. And added new wires, and it feels damn good too. Runs like a top. I'm in the midst of a massive rebuild: suspension, brakes, battery, tires and more.

i just did my plugs to the bosch platnium with a .050 gap and new duralast wires no problems yet but i just did them saturday but i think they make a difference im getting a better spark then i did with the stock ones but also when i pulled the stock ones out they was rusted as all hell.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The only thing that stands out heavily is the bend half way down [or half way up, however you wanna look at it]

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
It's just a boot; they look like that.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
.........If you can't figure that out, I feel sorry for you. Here's the sad thing, my brother never did the struts on that car, and between us we have about 50k on that car. So those might still be OE........
Ok, great news, no broken strut! But the **** is still original [email protected][email protected]:9lame::banghead::crying::flipa::smilie_sc

So yeah, Struts are still on the list this year.
So does this mean we should "feel sorry for you" because you couldn't figure it out either?

;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
a lil bit? I dunno, it sucks, I'm sittin here wondering...

but at least I know when I'm replacing the weak factory shocks, I'm 86ing the boots!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts