DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Dain bramaged
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came home from work to find the glass from my drivers door laying on the ground, the interior rummaged through and the trunk lock damaged. Nothing appears to have been taken, mainly due to the fact there was nothing to take. They didn't get into the trunk, thankfully, as I had my big bluepoint socket set in there.

:poopoo: :glum:

·
Dain bramaged
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sucks balls!! Insurance? Tell them you had a perfect paintjob!
Looking into various options, since the car sits in the yard it might be covered under home owners. Most likely I'll just end up grabbing a new window from the junkyard. Not looking forward to dealing with the trunk lock though.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
wow, Tim, that really sucks! Sorry you had to come home and find that! Glad they didn't get to your tools, but the invasion of privacy and the fact that you now have to do the work when you probably had OTHER plans for your time...

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,625 Posts
Wow dude that blows, sorry to hear.

This is why I want to remove my trunk lock cylinder and have the hole shaved over. I'm glad they didn't get into your trunk. My old 2nd Gen Trep (Silver SE) had the trunk broken into very easily. The whole cylinder can easily be pushed in and the lock jimmied. After finding this on my old car I tried to replicate what these theives did in a couple of junk yards and to my surprise, with a flat head screwdriver, I was easily able to do the same.

What was Chrysler thinking when they designed this major flaw?

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
no worse feeling than to come home and find your car jacked with,, happened to me once,, I feel for ya ,,

·
Registered
587 Posts
You gonna file a police report? Most likely since it looks like an amateur job they left prints and the cops can left them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah that sucks man. That's why I usually live somewhere with a garage or have a car cover put on. Of course a car cover won't do much, but it'll be one extra thing they have to get thru and might result in them getting caught before they do anything.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
gawd I hate people...the nerve to break and ruin a car to get into it! and why couldnt they pop the truck from the glove box? looks like it was kids...parents aren't doing thier jobs man!

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
God help who ever tries to break into my car. Cause if I catch them I will be going to jail. And they will go to jail too, but not after going to the hospital.

Let us know how it turns out.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts