DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...or I'm just getting dumber.

So I bought the new Our Lady Peace CD, Healthy In Paranoid Times. Great CD. I've been listening to it virtually none stop the past two days.

Anyways...

I want to rip it into MP3 files (for my own use believe it or not). The CD is weird. It comes with it's own software to play the CD on the computer and to make a copy of the CD. But the software will only allow three copies. I can't even see the cda files. It also says that the use of any other software to rip/burn the CD will cause poor playback. Well, I managed to rip the CD. But upon playback of the MP3 files, sure enough, static up the wazoo! WTF?! It has to be some built in software doing that.

Anyone know how I can rip this CD? I can via the built in software rip the CD to protected WMA files. I have yet to play with that option.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

TIA,
^chase

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Play it in a normal CD player and run it into the input line of your computer. Use a good sound program like Goldwave. It works perfect...at least for me, everytime. :)

--Gorm

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I've done that with Nero as well. Works great.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I've seen this cd on torrent sites so there must be a way to rip a perfect copy.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I had a movie soundtrack that had the same thing "Oh Brother, where art thou". I managed to grab it (after several failures) by playing it and setting my sound card to record "what u hear". This kicks out a huge .wav file which can then be converted to .mp3.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
PS: The 'line-in' from a separate player works but (from a purist view) you're losing clarity by the digital to analog to digital conversions.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Are these those infamous cd's that have the protection that can be overridden by using a black sharpie marker and drawing a line along the outside of the cd. I know that the sharpie marker trick worked on some kind of copying protection. Don't know if this would be the trick for your cd. Google search that or something.

·
Registered
545 Posts
-What are you using to rip the CD to your computer? I've always used Windows Media Player and never found a problem with any CD. My friend and I put 3 full days of music onto his computer off of the real CDs, without a problem.

-BaTmAn

-PS - Yes, it was 74 hours of music without listening to the same song twice..

·
Registered
423 Posts
BaTmAnCRHS said:
Yes, it was 74 hours of music without listening to the same song twice..
Big deal, I have over 14 days without repeating, and I know people with way more than that.

I would just download the disc off a torrent site now that you have paid for it.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Warlord187 said:
I want to rip it into MP3 files (for my own use believe it or not).
I believe you. I do the same thing. That way I can listen to the MP3's on my MP3 player or on my computer, and leave the CD's in my CD case for when I'm driving.

I use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and it works great. Except recently, I purchased the new Dave Matthews Band CD and found I couldn't even play the CD in my computer. I'm ****ing pissed that Sony is going to such lengths. If somebody wants to put a CD on the internet, it's going to be put on the internet. Their stupidity is simply making it harder for me to listen to their stuff when I'm doing work at the computer. Anyways, to celebrate their stupidity, I think I'll go and download every single possible DMB cd available :D Definitly something I would have purchased had it not been for Sony's stupidity.

Where can I download Goldwave?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hold down the Shift key or better yet, shut off Autoplay for your disc drives and the CD won't be able to load the anticopying program onto your system. Then you just rip it before you play it.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, I started to mess with it again.

1) I disabled auto play by editing the system registry. No change in out come. Yes I restarted the computer after editing the registry.
2) I downloaded and used Clone CD. It allowed me to copy only the audio files. But when I went to play those files, the static was still there.
3) A downloaded and used Audio Grabber. It grabbed the audio files, but like before when I went to play them, the static was there. I switched to grab the files through the sound card, but the software kept saying the CD drive wasn't ready.
4) I tried to use Media Player, but Media Player said there was no disc in the drive (either to play or to rip).

Time to download via Torrent I think.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
connect your cd player to your line-in on your sound card, then record with Nero.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Warlord, you should know better my man! mIRC has it up the wazzoo!
eFNET - #mp3addicts
UnderNet - #mp3download - #mp3passion

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SeL said:
Warlord, you should know better my man! mIRC has it up the wazzoo!
eFNET - #mp3addicts
UnderNet - #mp3download - #mp3passion

Yeah, I've been off mIRC for a while. But I just d/l the latest Omenserve and plan on getting back on. Now I know which rooms to concentrate on. :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well, I got a whole ass load of names. I'm on UnderNet now for the most part. More people, better searches. Can't tell you my name because it changes by the week but if you need room names, PM me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts