DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To any of you guys who have Flowmaster 40 series installed...especially if any of you live in Canada, can you give me an idea of cost to have one installed, and if the engine noise stays below the legal limit!

Also, on extended trips, does the interior noise get annoying, or is it quiet enough to blast the radio over?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I got mine for $100 installed. The sound( you need to take off the resonator to get the performance of the muffler) will be very throaty. It sounds like a V8 Trans Am sort of, well mine does also due to the HUGE k&n filter that I installed in the car. I can still here the radio just fine, but I rather here my exhaust :D :D :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey bro i payed 450 for everything for 2 trual duals. It sounds nice like a v8 mustang or something and its to loud inside the car unless you idle at 50mph excatly. But its fine my system is too loud for anything anyways. :( :eek: ;)

·
Registered
560 Posts
ive got a single 40...my installation was another story, cause a buddy of mine let me go ape at his work. (garage) total, i believe the whole job was 80 or so, and that was including the muffler. the muffler cost me like 60...exact numbers i dont remember, but this is pretty much all i payed...80 bucks or so total 4 parts and installation.
its loud enough outside; inside is definetly louder than normal, but not too bad. i was actually impressed though with the way it sounds outside...under torque it sounds like a camaro, people do a double take at the car...DOOO ITTT!!!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
...oh yeah, forgot to add...the car is pretty loud, but my Mesa stack is still louder!!!!!ahahahahhahAHHSAHSHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ROCK AND ROLL WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
wutang, those are true duals? do you have a hiflow cat on each tube or did you leave them off?

also, what kind of muffler are you running on the pipe before the tip?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Both are flow masters i was just going to run them under 1 high flow cyatalitic Convrter but he replace the middle one with a larger one for more high flowing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was thinking of doing this to mine...but I wanna get a good estimate before i go out and buy it. How much would FM 40's single in-dual out with a good muffler to put a good loud rumble behind the engine cost me? and what all does the installation involve?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts