DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I know it's been a while since I posted, but here is the first place I thought to come to share my sorrows. Last night after going to dinner with my wife we come back out to find that the passenger side rear fender was scraped up and the tail lamp was cracked and broken. DEEPREDs first battle wounds. :angry: And of course this happens less than a week after I washed, waxed and detailed her. :rolleyes: So out of this I have a few questrions, what is a reasonable price to pay for a rear tail lamp unit for a '98-02? And are there better places to buy such a thing than eBay,. or my local Dodge Dealer? And now I have to get estimates to find out if it's worth it to report it to my insurance. What do insurance companies do/require in such cases? The only accident I have ever been in since I started driving was when a deer jumped out infront of me in '99... so call me clueless on how to deal with the insuracne portion of the issue at hand. Oh and if any of you have a rear tail lamp to sell PM me or something.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hi DEEPRED, try K's Acres in C.R. If you take the part off of junk cars yourself, they charge you a lot less.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Deepred,

As Nightravin said, depending on you deductable you may not want to report it. Try to estimate the cost of the parts to repair this. If it is less than the deduct, don't bother. If it is more than the deductable you might want to report it. But keep this in mind, your yearly premium is based in part on your claim history, and reporting it might cause you yearly rates to jump quite a bit, making reporting this accident more expensive than if you paid out of pocket. There is no requirement for you to report a "no fault" accident. Hope this helps...and sorry to hear about the Boo-Boo.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the advice, the total came up to about $1200 in damage, and I'm paying a little out of pocket +my deductable to make the rear bumper look a lot better than it did when I bought it. She goes into the shop tomorow and hopefully I can get the damage pictures from them and post before and after shots. Dj you have no idea how relieved I was when I went back out ot look in daylight and my spoiler was still perfect. The thing that really frustates me is that this is delaying my Pioneer head unit. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts