DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am young and about to get my license...I am in the process of "hookin up my trep"...but dont know TOO much about cars besides change oil n stuff haha...I want a loud muffler to put on my 1997 trep 3.3L but have no Idea what to get and where to get it...ne suggestions? and a price range? I dont want to spend too much!!!

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Suggestion #1 use the search button

Suggestion #2 you're going to have to determine what exactly it is you want done. If you want a quality exhaust system done the right way, it's going to cost you some money. Flowmaster and Dynomax mufflers seem to be the favorites around here.

You also need to determine for yourself whether you plan on just replacing the rear muffler or redoing the entire exhaust system. Again, this will cost money.

But if you just want a 3.3L that sounds loud and obnoxious without spending much money, go buy a hacksaw for 5 bucks and start cutting pipes apart.... :p

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
gaze...... i really resent that. dont cut pipes on a 3.3 !!!! get a screw driver and put about 10 holes in the back muffler. that will give you the sound you want.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Peppa Boy said:
gaze...... i really resent that. dont cut pipes on a 3.3 !!!! get a screw driver and put about 10 holes in the back muffler. that will give you the sound you want.
i only said that because i know for a fact how loud and obnoxious a 3.3 can sound with cut pipes. I bought a parts car a while back from a young kid and thats exactly what he did before hand...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
lol im not puttin holes in it haha

Well my dad has a 2000 dodge ram and he said all he did was bought a new muffler on it and it is pretty nice...I juss want to put a muffler on it and make it sound good...how much will that run me and WHERE DO I BUY IT!!!??? I dont wanna replace the manifold with new headers cuz that will cost a lot. I just want a rear muffler I think (lol bear with me) and probably a 3 inch tail pipe and I want it to be like sum fnf **** (lol)
fnf-fast and furious
thanks haha

oh and do all mufflers fit every car??? lol gotta help me out!!! please

·
Registered
779 Posts
mikeb1222 said:
Well my dad has a 2000 dodge ram and he said all he did was bought a new muffler on it and it is pretty nice...I juss want to put a muffler on it and make it sound good...how much will that run me and WHERE DO I BUY IT!!!??? I dont wanna replace the manifold with new headers cuz that will cost a lot. I just want a rear muffler I think (lol bear with me) and probably a 3 inch tail pipe and I want it to be like sum fnf **** (lol)
fnf-fast and furious
thanks haha

oh god, it might be too late for him :smiley_aa

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
ok.... dude.... the 3.3 can get up and go when ' and i emphisize ' WHEN it wants to. so just take your dads cc up to ohh Rainbow mufflers and say you want that dynomax mufler on that intrepid with a chrome tip.

if sound is not good enough. use the screw driver tip.

j/k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts