DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was bored today and had a stupid idea why not try to learn how to do a better detailing job. Yes i had the car detailed last sunday but I could not resist.

Plus I wanted to remove some unwanted letters the dodge se and intrepid from the trunk lid.

wash
clay
cleaner
polish
wax
10 hours of Manual labor with the good old hands. Turned out pretty good but Im sure the reflection could be better with power toys which I dont have YET.

Heres a few pics.

And Heres the debadge Trunk lid looks alot better

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Looks great from here. Power toys only would have gotten it done faster, but not any better.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Damn dude, I can only imagine how much you're hurting. I did the 3 step with an orbital buffer and it still took me like 8 hrs and I was sore as hell. The buffer doesn't really help a ton because you still have to wipe the cleaner and polish off by hand, it just saves you from having to rub it all on by hand. You should definitely get one though. I bought mine at this local made in china junk store for like $20 and it was well worth it.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Ahhh, I love the feeling of doing the three-step by hand. I usually just sit and look at the car for about 30 minutes after I'm done from all different angles... I am yet to find anything that works as well.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LMFAO math chicago fixing the street Right that street was put in within the last 6 years and its **** already I see mathwiz really wants me to lower the car first the exhaust this week and then the HID then ill lower it charles

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
ltrain01rt said:
Ahhh, I love the feeling of doing the three-step by hand. I usually just sit and look at the car for about 30 minutes after I'm done from all different angles... I am yet to find anything that works as well.
Isn't it amazing how the inferno red looks like a totally different color when its really clean and polished?? In the sun mine is so bright it almost looks like it has an orange tint to it.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
Isn't it amazing how the inferno red looks like a totally different color when its really clean and polished?? In the sun mine is so bright it almost looks like it has an orange tint to it.
Damn straight !!!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:

Yeah, makes me remember why they call it "inferno" red

·
Registered
439 Posts
Looks awesome, Tom! Wish I had been there to see it. If my tranny holds up, I'm going for springs and exhaust first.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Already ordered the exhaust should be here saturday YEAH fedex and i just ordered the HID kit so another yeah

1 - 16 of 16 Posts