1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
i'm trying to get it, plez no one bid against me, lol my ebay name is gr8crash, lol thanx :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's snake oil - don't waste your money

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: 79lilred ]

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Originally posted by 79lilred:
It's snake oil - don't waste your money?
good to see that positive attitiude!!

Even if its only good for 4-5HP, thats still good for $50. If you aren't interested then don't bid, let aaron enjoy the cheap power gain.

There is another user on this forum who is running the power spacers and loves them, maybe you would like to call him a jackass to his face?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
i have heard and read good things on these, the Tornado thing is BS< but these i have actually hear dof working, my buddy has one on the Dodge Ram and loves them

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i ordered a set, have yet to install them. they're good for 5 or so hp and they're also better than the tornado vortex generator.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Whoa gang - back the lynch mob up a bit. I NEVER have and NEVER will call anyone a condescending name, or insinuated someone is not as smart as I - where'd you get that?

If you think about the principle of this thing, it's much like carb spacers on the older engines which were used to aid upper RPM performance at the expense of low end but with the "marketing twist" of the special "Helix Bore". This special bore to "swirl" the air - how will that work? You actually want a SMOOTH air flow up until the point the air mixes with the fuel. Why do you think people spend so much time POLISHING intake runners and plenums? Chrysler has developed "hi-swirl" HEADS in years past for the 2.2/2.5 & the 318/360 engines. The "swirl" action is in the head AFTER the air has mixed with the fuel and actually, on the 318 head, it's not done until the A/F mixture enters the combustion chamber. Instead of designing new heads, would it have not been cheaper to simply add this spacer?

"Increased combustion efficiency..." ; well that equates to better fuel mileage and if that were so, with all the pressure the Govt is putting on auto makers to maximize fuel efficiency, don't you think the Big 3 would have incorporated this in they're design? Who has more R&D $$ to research products to increase "combustion efficiency", Ford, GM & ChryCo OR Airaid Inc?

Once again, I have only stated my opinion of this product and have made no personal attack on ANYONE.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I agree with 79lilred. We all know that the aftermarket intakes are better because they smooth out the kinks in our stock intakes. Turns, restrictor cones, resonators, all add to the problem. So why would a device to add turbulence be a good thing? If there is a real and good reason, go for it, but I just have a tough time thinking that adding turbulence is good. That is the same thing that the tornado device does and we all seem to agree that it isn't good. My $.02

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can buy a product similar to the Tornado device at www.spiralmax.com. While I dont for a minute believe the 15-32hp gains they report in their advertising, spiralmax does offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Might be worth it to try and see if its worth the cost, if not send it back and get your money back. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
polishing - u don't want your intake polished though, well if u don't ever plan on runnig NOS or anything, if you do a polish job will only hurt you, you want the intake a little rough, u want the exhaust good and polsihed, but you want the intake a little rough it is better from what i have been taught and told

·
Registered
8 Posts
Aaron,

Could you explain why you would want the intake to be, as you put it, 'rough'?? I've never heard of that before.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
where did you go to automotive school at? lol take for example a wet NOS systems, with a fully polished intake the fuel wil tend to smoothly run down the sides and "puddle" and wil ont atomize well, when you have the intake slightly roughed up it keeps the air slightly turburlenet and allows better atomization of the fuel

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Originally posted by Aaron:
when you have the intake slightly roughed up it keeps the air slightly turburlenet and allows better atomization of the fuel
thanks for saying that....

the reason these TB spacers are better than the tornado generator is because of the location they're in. think about it; the tornado goes in the tube. after incoming air is swirled it goes thru (count em) 4 different turns before it gets to the TBs and 3 of those 4 are right angles. the vortex is probably gone by the time the fuel mixes with the air. the spacers on the other hand are after all the turns in the intake. air comes in, gets swirled then BOOM, it's right in the TB. much better than a tornado generator.

·
Registered
973 Posts
hey - aren't you guys forgetting something? Our (at least mine) TB's are just for AIR!!! Fuel is added after that by the injectors at the engine! There is only AIR from the aircleaner to the TB to the injectors that are in or right next to the head. Sorry, not yelling just trying to make a point. So the only thing that atomizes fuel is the injector.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts