DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of guys here have them/want them... do they ad something specifically to one of the intrepid engines or something?

Cuz in the automotive world they're one of the biggest scams going. They don't do squat in my experience.

Newb to owning an Intrepid... but not Mopars. Have an extensively built 99 Ram 1500.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
I see a lot of guys here have them/want them... do they ad something specifically to one of the intrepid engines or something?

Cuz in the automotive world they're one of the biggest scams going. They don't do squat in my experience.

Newb to owning an Intrepid... but not Mopars. Have an extensively built 99 Ram 1500.
What allot of us have are intake spacers, between the plenum and the lower intake manifold. What it does for us is move the torque curve down in the RPM's so we have more torque off the launch. I haven't tried it on a dyno, but others have and they've seen the results.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts

Steph already explained this a bit, but we do not use throttle body spacers. The ones that we use go in between the upper intake plenum and the lower intake manifold.

It moves the power band lower which for these engines helps quite a bit (by extending the intake runner length). I'm not sure how much of this makes a difference, but the spacer does make the air pathway "smoother" by making the turn into the LIM less sharp. I also used mine to bore out the LIM and Plenum to match the spacer so its a much smoother transition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts