DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 99ES to have serviced and was told I have a "hiss" noise similar to a vacum leak during engine idle and to repair this I would need a throttle body part (PN 04591168AC) to repair this problem. Of course the part would cost me 225.00 and of course it out of warranty. Has anyone heard of this or had any problems similar to this?

·
Registered
336 Posts
The gasket doesnt even come with the throttle body (as you know). So, it seems like if it was the gasket they would say it was a bad gasket. They could just be trying to rip you off though, who knows? Doesn't seem like there's anything on the throttle body itself that could make it hiss...it's just a big chunk o metal with a little plastic on it.

·
Registered
973 Posts
of course I know it! :) I, as you, know from busted knuckles that the TB is pretty much a big old hunk of metal and it sure doesn't seem like anything could cause a "hiss" unless that skinny little gasket is leaking. I had heard from someone that they replaced that gasket each time they pulled a TB off their car.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Don, I know everytime I pulled the TB off my Firebird I would replace the gasket only because at the time it made sense since you wouldn't know if you ripped or damaged it somehow while messing around. I'm not sure on the trep but just to be on the safe side I would do it anyway.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Try the following URL. I have used it for repairing my old Trep and the info has always been good.Mopar Repairs

·
Registered
67 Posts
At idle speed (parked) on my 98trep, I can hear a similar hisss that started recently. I have posted separately this issue under the subject "whistling sound in 98 Intrepid" recently.

I wonder if this hissing sound is what I call whistling noise/sound. Do you also get this hissing/whistling sound while driving beyond 60 km/hr inside the car ???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts