DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have easy fixes to make the throttle more responsive when the pedal is punched? I suppose a CAI would help a little, and I'm sure our trannys aren't the quickest. It's a little better after I seafoamed it but I still think I can get more out of it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Nope.
Maybe nitrous- I hear that gives good throttle response.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet, nevermind then! lol

·
Registered
663 Posts
Ok, here is some serious thoughts.

1: New Plugs.
2: You may need to seafoam again,add some to fuel.
3: Flush the engine (use seafoam, then have oil changed).
4: You could switch to Syn oil, however some have reported leaks on older cars.
5: Proper tire Pressure,sure it sounds stupid. But it works.
6: If not a CAI, then at least a new Air Filter.
7: Check exhaust make sure its not obstructed.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.
Plugs, do a search and choose which way to go. Copper or Plats
Doing the seafoam thing again to get any last remaining crap outa there
Switching to syn is good, but seals may go out on you
Always use proper tire pressure, it will get spongy if you don't
Engine has to breath and if you have a clean filter at least it would help
May have dent thats restricting flow

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
How many miles on this car we're talking about anyway? Seeing that its a '99, maybe its just showing its age.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I seem to be having the same problem with my '99 300M with 64.9K miles:
63,013 miles- oil change w/ Quaker State 5w/30 synthetic blend high horsepower
63,137 - fuel injector cleaner
63,750 - Seafoam through PCV valve
63,980 - Green air filter

It's better now, but there's still a small, annoying delay.

I bought the car with 61K miles, so maybe I should change the spark plugs and/or get a new muffler/exhaust system.

TIME FOR A SMILEY: :banghead:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm comin up on about 64.5K miles. I have a K&N drop in filter that I keep clean. I've Seafoamed the throttle body and the fuel tank. I also MacGyver'd the intake air hose. Behind the air box is that smaller empty box to reduce noise from the engine. And while it works, it also causes the air to go a little turbulent there. It works like blowing air across a bottle. I figured if I plugged that off then I may get a little better response. I tried tape to cover the hole from the inside of the hose, and though it worked, I just knew that **** would get sucked into the motor and kill it. So as I'm looking around my house for something else, I come across a large can of Ozium air freshner and the cap looks about right. Sure enough it fits perfect. I put it in so that the top of the cap is flush with the rest of the inside of the intake hose and put a screw in to keep the cap from moving. I left the small box disconnected from the air hose. I might just take it out. This is only temporary until I can get a CAI which will eliminate this problem completely. I only noticed a very small improvement in acceleration. It's more noticeable in the higher RPM's. If nothing else, it sounds a little throatier than before which is a nice change. It actually kinda sounds like a V6 now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts