DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember back in the day I had removed my throttle position sensor. Now that I think about, doesn't that have to be calibrated so that at idle it puts out a certain DC voltage as well as full throttle? I'm pretty sure this is true, does any have the numbers?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yep, just checked. Alldata says:

Adjustments:

PROCEDURE.

The Throttle Position Sensor on this vehicle is fixed and adjustment is not required.
If sensor output voltage is outside acceptable range, sensor should be replaced.

·
Registered
131 Posts
what does removing it do? also any one in akron or near there wanna go to a killer car show?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sensor Test

NOTE: The following procedure tests the TPS only. To perform a complete test of the TPS and its circuitry, SEE DIAGNOSTIC CHARTS/ NO FAULT TESTS .

The TPS can be tested with a digital voltmeter. The center terminal of the TPS is the output terminal.
With the ignition key in the ON position, check the TPS output voltage at the center terminal wire of the connector. Check this at idle (throttle plate closed), and at wide open throttle (WOT) .
At idle, TPS output voltage should be greater than 0.6 volts . The output voltage should increase gradually as the throttle plate is slowly opened from idle to WOT.
At wide open throttle, TPS output should be less than 4.5 volts .
Check for spread terminals at the sensor and PCM connections before replacing the TPS.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the numbers. HMMMM... What if you drilled the bolt holes of the TPS larger so you could rotate the sensor more in one direction than the other. Would this do anything for performance?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
There must be something in your theory there Mopar4u, I found this product on the web

TPS Gadget

Makes you think huh..

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Unpluging the sensor also will by pass the limiter in mopar cars and trucks. But they do`nt run very well at idle, they want to stall.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
If you do that I think when you give it a hammering you`ll get back fires etc... Pretty needy thing that TPS.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Just had a brain fart... What resistance would you need to plug a resistor between the TPS and the plug? Would this do that same thing with less damage?

Ok, back to crack smoking...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts