DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Definitely go-karting would be fun for a lot of people and it was cheap, we could do that Friday for the people who come in a little earlier than others.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I still hope we are keeping the el famous alive.

Karting after el famous might not be the greatest idea. Especially those who eat the whole burrito. :) :rollgrin:

--Gorm

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gorm said:
I still hope we are keeping the el famous alive.

Karting after el famous might not be the greatest idea. Especially those who eat the whole burrito. :) :rollgrin:

--Gorm
we can do the karting thing after the show before the sit down dinner on sat, if anything.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
jhrody said:
we can do the karting thing after the show before the sit down dinner on sat, if anything.
You know me! I'm all about the drag racing.

El Famous would be cool but I will be post surgery so I can only have a bite. That place we went Thursday night when I first got there was great. They had a super veggie burger.

That place we went after drag racing was good too.

Karting would be great. I might run off and see if I can add a state to my list. Have to check a map. Sox or Cubs game might be fun for some folks.

Until then,

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I like that idea.

I know my system isn't anywhere near comp levels...but its still nice and clear...just how I like it. :)

Maybe sound set up should include not how just it sounds...but also how it looks.

It might be best to keep it near the hotel and do our usual thing on Friday night. People will be driving in anywhere from 3 PM to Midnight.

I wouldn't mind doing the drive-in thing again, barring there weren't any chick flick movies like last time. This would also be a good place to do some karting before dinner, then after dinner of course would be fun time at the hotel.

--Gorm

·
Registered
740 Posts
Seriously

HAS A DATE BEEN DECIDED YET>????????? Its the end of 2004 and alot of us have to schedule vacation days to attend and i need to know .Thanks
:behead:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hey, when it comes to karting, I'd like to do something a little more adventurous. I've posted this before, but didn't get much of a response.

www.chicagoindoorracing.com

I'm going to inquire about a group rate. How many people should I plan for? I'll be more than happy to organize this event for us. I've been itching for a chance!

Who's in?

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Yes it is.

I am definitely down for go-karts, and if we get enough people, we might even get a better rate, I'm definitely thinking it'd be a cool thing to do.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Ok, let me know what timeframe you guys want and I'll work something out with them. I'm already going over the brochure and since I doubt we'll be needing a meeting room, this should end up pretty cheap.

I know a guy and a few of his friends that went to this place and had a blast for about $30-40 per person and said it was well worth every penny, so I'm sure we can get something comparable for around the same price...perhaps I can negotiate a few throw ins too, but don't get your hopes up about that just yet. ;)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Sounds good Steve, for people like me there are other things to do including a bar yay!
One thing we need to keep as a tradition is the hotel lobby.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I don't know how many of you play texas Holdem...but it might be a fun little game to play while hanging around the hotel and stuff.

--Gorm

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Texas hold'em is great as long as REAL MONEY is on the table. I'm in for poker, I'm in for go karting. I'm in for drag racing. I'm in for most anything. I will be checking Joliet's schedule because they are on my list of tracks I need to run.

Still want to do Byron for Sunday though. They were fantastic to us!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Any weekend that can involve drinking, cars, and poker is alright by me!

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
DScruggs said:
Texas hold'em is great as long as REAL MONEY is on the table. I'm in for poker
I caught the bug. Every friday night now we have a money game with the guys....If we do that though we should porbably have it in a hotel room as opposed to above the lobby. ;)

--Gorm

1 - 20 of 35 Posts