DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody try a Thrush welded on an LH car? I see Autozone has 2.25 Dual in Dual out Thrush Welded Mufflers on sale for $35. I was thinking I might replace my Y cat with one and run dual 2.25 pipes out the back from there. I heard they sound close to a blowmaster but I'd like to hear what one sounds like on an LH. Youtube provided no luck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
my opinion is anything that is a cheap knock off, it's just that the cheap knockoff, and probably not worth the money.a cheap exhaust system could easily make this car sound very awful. If it was me I would save my money for something better.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm sure it was different back in the day when they were original but I've installed a few and wasn't too intrigued by the sound, it was monotone and no different from an ordinary turbo muffler.

In my experience being I took power and performance classes these mufflers not only sound bad but can even cause loss of performance, even if it were to make an increase it would be marginal like for example say a 3.5 gen 1 dynos at 187 at the front wheels on a good healthy motor being it is rated at 215 at the crank by Chrysler, could be more or less who knows but what you get at the front wheels after it passes through the drivetrain is less far less than it's rating but usually if the exhaust makes a difference it will be at 187.2hp or something or 186.7 at a loss but it might help fuel atomization or something so dynoing is more than numbers at the wheels it tells also what is happening in the engine from the parts added or used.

Dyno max ultraflow fair the best good for applications for up to 1000 hp no loss in performance, but truly it is really boosted cars with turbos and superchargers that utilize all the exhaust has to offer or suffer from its shortcomings. N/A motors hardly notice it's all about sound.

Save your money if you want the car to be louder delete the mufflers or one muffler from the 3.5. Same effect less money spent.

But then again it's not my car but why spend money on something that you can get the same result by removing something and putting some pipe in it's place.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
If you are replacing a y-pipe it'll be muffled down from where you have it now. Just thought I would throw that out there because I have no experience with thrush, but I do know when replacing pipe with mufflers it quiets down ha!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts