DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting a hollow thumping/banging sound from up front for the last few thousand miles. It gets louder when I go over bumps or rough roads (thats all we have in Cleveland). It is getting really annoying and I wanted to know if any of you have encountered this or may know what it is. Thanks!

·
Registered
229 Posts
A buddy of mine had the same problem one time. It turned out that he had a small cat crawl up into the engine compartment to stay warm. Needless to say he had to get his engine steam cleaned. :eek: :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd rather have some pussy in the cabin of the car instead of under the hood. I'll have to check out the upper shock mounts.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same problem with my '99 it turned out to be the stabilizer bars on both sides. It cost me about $150 with installation to have them replaced at a local front-end alignment and body shop.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a sound like that coming from an older car (not an Intrepid) and I THINK the sound comes from the dust boot thing that covers the strut. Mine has come loose and rattles when I go over bumps or rough road. It has a hollow thumping sound like you said. This is just a theory. . . I haven't proved it yet!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts