DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to replace the front tie rod on my car now,or so say the shop thats working on my car. I'm planning on doing this myself. How hard will this be? How long will it take? are there any things i need to be aware of? Any other advice or help you could offer would greatly be appreciated.

-BobVila

P.S. while I'm doing all this should i go ahead and put eurithane bushing all the way around? If so where can i get them?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hey Bob,

You are probably better off having the shop replace it. As far as I know, you need a special socket to remove the old tie rod and install the new one. The job is easy enough to do if you have the tool, but . . .

. . . There is also the issue of your alignment, which will be affected by this type of job. Make sure the shop doing the work has an alignment rack and uses it after they replace the tie rod.

I don't know who (if anybody) makes poly bushings for the Intrepid. Try Eibach or Moog or Sealed Power.

Best,
Vin

:alien:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well...

The shop told me since the insurance company that is paying for the work also is paying for an alignment so they told me once i replace it I can bring it back and they'll align it. Do you by any chance know where I can get this socket. Also they might just be talking about the tie-rod ends which my haynes manual explains how to replace and it says I need a 'small puller' will i need one of these and where can i get one? advanced auto?

-BobVila

·
Registered
427 Posts
Is your insurance also paying for the tie rod replacement? If so, I'd let the shop do it. Just my 2 cents;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it's a separate thing, if it was theother guys fault then I would have them fix it along with everything else. I am planning on doing this because I would like to save little money and get to play with my car some more.

-BobVila

1 - 5 of 5 Posts