DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

Southeast Meet Location

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright fellas, we've been talking about it quite a bit, I think its time to get a nice southeast meet organized.

There have been several ideas thrown out, all we really need is a place to host it. If someone is willing to host at their home, or knows of a good place, post it up! Ive got a couple possibilities here in Raleigh, or if you guys want to do a more central location (western SC has been mentioned), thats fine too. I am open to ideas, post up!

Any and all are invited, lets get this thing rolling!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Work is slow so I'm game for any weekend really....... there are a lot of nice places to go/drive in upstate SC/western NC.

IDK what everyone's thoughts on like a Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge meet would be - like a weekend deal.

But really, I'm game for anything.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
The closer the better for me! Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge sounds great!

·
Registered
931 Posts
There is a big ass Chrysler/Dodge meet in Pigeon Forge on June 10th-13th... it's called "Gatty" or "Meet in the Mountains" - I've seen posts about it on the Z forums (I saw it on ramforumz).

I've been wanting to go to Pigeon Forge pretty bad lately... I am probably going to make the trip not this weekend but the following weekend.

·
Registered
19,540 Posts
I'm game for any location
X2!

Shooot, I say come on down to FL! We'll go bang on Devan's (EagleESI) door... and have our meet at the Daytona Speedway. :yes:

Then of course there's always Forest City, NC. Not sure when it is this year, I just checked and couldn't find anything on it yet. Was a lot of fun last year... Oh yeah, it was in August.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is a big ass Chrysler/Dodge meet in Pigeon Forge on June 10th-13th... it's called "Gatty" or "Meet in the Mountains" - I've seen posts about it on the Z forums (I saw it on ramforumz).

I've been wanting to go to Pigeon Forge pretty bad lately... I am probably going to make the trip not this weekend but the following weekend.
Definitely doable. Not terribly far from here.

ATL GA maybe ?
Atlanta would work for me as well, decent distance. I am limited this year unfortunately due to lack of vacation time :crying:, will be much more flexible next year.

X2!

Shooot, I say come on down to FL! We'll go bang on Devan's (EagleESI) door... and have our meet at the Daytona Speedway. :yes:

Then of course there's always Forest City, NC. Not sure when it is this year, I just checked and couldn't find anything on it yet. Was a lot of fun last year... Oh yeah, it was in August.
Definitely doing Forest City, August/Sept ish, we'll throw up a thread when it gets a bit closer. FL is a bit of a haul for me this year, next year when I can take some days off definitely want to come down. :yes:

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Atlanta is pretty do-able for me. I'd guess that a first meet would normally be a meet and greet (or show and shine, etc.) without any heavy maintenance just to "break the ice", however I seem to be needing a transmission, so anything that gets me a transmission is good for me!

Perhaps the first ever LH "piranha meet"™!?! :worky:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'd love Atl because it is close, but I don't see it being too meet friendly. Plus if we decide on a little cruise it won't be as nice. I think we need to get a little more information on who would show up and about how far their range is. Personally I can go almost all weekends, and given enough heads up, handle a 6 hour or so range. I'm thinking that near Atl off 75, 85 or 20 do look the most centralized of the states involved, however depending on preferences and where people live it may skew it to another place.

Let's just start nominating towns and then do a poll to see where we should go.

Chattanooga
Atlanta
Gatlinburg
Myrtle Beach
Pigeon Forge
Raleigh

Deal's Gap for a cruise

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
The closer the better for me! Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge sounds great!
IIRC there was a meet planed near that area a couple years ago but it fell apart a few days before it happened.

if a meet is held anywhere near the dragon I am not bring the Trep that is Miata territory right there.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd love Atl because it is close, but I don't see it being too meet friendly. Plus if we decide on a little cruise it won't be as nice. I think we need to get a little more information on who would show up and about how far their range is. Personally I can go almost all weekends, and given enough heads up, handle a 6 hour or so range. I'm thinking that near Atl off 75, 85 or 20 do look the most centralized of the states involved, however depending on preferences and where people live it may skew it to another place.

Let's just start nominating towns and then do a poll to see where we should go.

Chattanooga
Atlanta
Gatlinburg
Myrtle Beach
Pigeon Forge
Raleigh

Deal's Gap for a cruise
Good Idea. I'll add a poll to this thread. I'd like to keep the drive limited to 6 hours or less, any more than that, and it eats too much of the weekend.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts