DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Southeast Meet Location

Time for a Southeast Meet!

8K views 86 replies 18 participants last post by  CaptainMorgan 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright fellas, we've been talking about it quite a bit, I think its time to get a nice southeast meet organized.

There have been several ideas thrown out, all we really need is a place to host it. If someone is willing to host at their home, or knows of a good place, post it up! Ive got a couple possibilities here in Raleigh, or if you guys want to do a more central location (western SC has been mentioned), thats fine too. I am open to ideas, post up!

Any and all are invited, lets get this thing rolling!!

#9 ·
X2!

Shooot, I say come on down to FL! We'll go bang on Devan's (EagleESI) door... and have our meet at the Daytona Speedway. :yes:

Then of course there's always Forest City, NC. Not sure when it is this year, I just checked and couldn't find anything on it yet. Was a lot of fun last year... Oh yeah, it was in August.

#3 ·
Work is slow so I'm game for any weekend really....... there are a lot of nice places to go/drive in upstate SC/western NC.

IDK what everyone's thoughts on like a Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge meet would be - like a weekend deal.

But really, I'm game for anything.

#4 ·
The closer the better for me! Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge sounds great!

#7 ·
There is a big ass Chrysler/Dodge meet in Pigeon Forge on June 10th-13th... it's called "Gatty" or "Meet in the Mountains" - I've seen posts about it on the Z forums (I saw it on ramforumz).

I've been wanting to go to Pigeon Forge pretty bad lately... I am probably going to make the trip not this weekend but the following weekend.

#12 ·
Definitely doable. Not terribly far from here.

ATL GA maybe ?
Atlanta would work for me as well, decent distance. I am limited this year unfortunately due to lack of vacation time :crying:, will be much more flexible next year.

X2!

Shooot, I say come on down to FL! We'll go bang on Devan's (EagleESI) door... and have our meet at the Daytona Speedway. :yes:

Then of course there's always Forest City, NC. Not sure when it is this year, I just checked and couldn't find anything on it yet. Was a lot of fun last year... Oh yeah, it was in August.
Definitely doing Forest City, August/Sept ish, we'll throw up a thread when it gets a bit closer. FL is a bit of a haul for me this year, next year when I can take some days off definitely want to come down. :yes:

#15 · (Edited)
Atlanta is pretty do-able for me. I'd guess that a first meet would normally be a meet and greet (or show and shine, etc.) without any heavy maintenance just to "break the ice", however I seem to be needing a transmission, so anything that gets me a transmission is good for me!

Perhaps the first ever LH "piranha meet"™!?! :worky:

#16 ·
I'd love Atl because it is close, but I don't see it being too meet friendly. Plus if we decide on a little cruise it won't be as nice. I think we need to get a little more information on who would show up and about how far their range is. Personally I can go almost all weekends, and given enough heads up, handle a 6 hour or so range. I'm thinking that near Atl off 75, 85 or 20 do look the most centralized of the states involved, however depending on preferences and where people live it may skew it to another place.

Let's just start nominating towns and then do a poll to see where we should go.

Chattanooga
Atlanta
Gatlinburg
Myrtle Beach
Pigeon Forge
Raleigh

Deal's Gap for a cruise

#20 ·
Good Idea. I'll add a poll to this thread. I'd like to keep the drive limited to 6 hours or less, any more than that, and it eats too much of the weekend.

#22 ·
I'd be interested....I would just need to know a date. I live in the North Metro Atlanta area....so Western SC is only about an hour and a half away. We could meet up at Hartwell, GA. Its just across the SC/GA border on I-85. Its right next to Lake Hartwell and there are some beautiful places to take pictures of the cars at by the lake. Or we could meet up at Anderson, SC. There are plenty of things to do up there. Could we do it possibly around late June???

Another possibility is Northern GA near Dahlonega. Beautiful views, great scenic mountain driving to test the suspension a bit, and I know a friend up there that has a Charger SRT8 and he might want to meet up as well. Plus there is a wide variety of good restaurants and we could go river tubing over in Helen, GA. TONS of fun and pretty cheap to do as well. Plus its a good little place right in the middle of things. A good central meeting point as well.

And Pigeon Forge is usually expensive as far as the events you can do there. I know river tubing in Helen is usually about $8-$10/person or cheaper. And there is plenty more to do as well. Plus it makes it easier for some people from Florida/Alabama to make the trip.

Not to mention that there is plenty of AWESOME driving to do....

#26 ·
I'd like to attend if the driving is not too long. Those Forest City meets are roughly an 8 hour drive. ATL and TN is a drive from the Chesapeake Bay.

Ron, you and I talked about this last year at the Va. Beach Hall Dodge Meet. It is the largest MOPAR meeting at Virginia Motorsports Park. June 12 – 13 Saturday – Sunday --Mopar Madness at Virginia Motorsports Park. Might be a good location for Mid-Atlantic people...?...

I'll start another thread about, not to clutter up this one.

Late!

#29 ·
Hickory, NC is where the lakehouse is that my aunt and uncle have that we could use for a meet. I have no doubt they'd be cool with it, the place is always up for grabs for all of us. I'll be going down there for memorial weekend when I could check on dates to make sure they don't have other events planned later this year, then it is officially available for a meet.

I've talked with Dan about this, but the place is perfect for a meet. There is a field thats a lot for a future house that could hold 100 cars if we really wanted to. Down below that there is the current house which is a built up double wide with a 2 car carport and a huge deck out back with a grill and picnic tables. Then down from there is another area with tables and chairs near the dock which has two almost brand new jet skis and a pontoon boat, all of which we can use as much as we want.

This might not be something that would happen this time, but I'd love to get us all together for a lake weekend meet. We can still play with cars a bunch but there would be other stuff to do with being on the lake. We also get the whole lake house to ourselves to crash at so I figure we'd just all plan on bringing sleeping bags and pack in. There are 3 beds in bedrooms for people that need them too.

I loved visiting Gatlinburg, that would be another cool place if there is a good host.

#32 ·
I'm liking Captain Morgan's idea the best so far, we could have each person toss in a few bucks to cover the grocery list. Plus Hickory is gorgeous and I'm sure there is a way for the people who want to to make it into a regular vacation. Personally I was hoping for a place like this.

#33 ·
The only expense is gas for boating and food. There is a full kitchen there too and 2 showers. There is also a little diner right around the corner that is the only thing close, but is actually pretty good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

#43 ·
Where are you located?? B/c I thought you were up in Indiana....and if you're closer than thats AWESOME

august is kinda far away, but its do-able for me also.
I could do late August, say around the 20th or so???

Which Hickory Dan? Catawba County, or Nash?

Either one looks like an 8 hour drive for me. Sounds nice!
Youre in florida right??

how far is the mall of georgia for ya? You could drive up to me and then just ride with me the rest of the way if you want.

and on another note.....August might be around the time that I'll be doing all of my performance upgrades. 71mm TB, Intake Spacer from KingSpade, J-Intake w/ K&N Filter, Cadillac elbow, Special PCM, ASP pulley, and 3.89 gears (maybe a Special half-shaft if I can find one). So we could use my car as a project car for the weekend if ya'll want.

#48 ·
Not for me that is the weekend for Hot nights and Cool Rides

Forest City’s

Hot Nights & Cool Rides
All Shows covered on KMS Car Show Connection TV

A weekly TV show on WHKY www.kossmotorsports.com for more info

08-21-2010 Time 1000AM to 900PM
Downtown
Forest City NC 28043
Car Show
NOT PART OF POINT CHASE
8th Year Show

#49 · (Edited)
We could do both or pick another weekend. Hickory is only about an hour from Forest City, we could go to Dan's, maybe Saturday afternoon rush Forest City with cars, then travel back to Dan's in Hickory afterwards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.