DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the clunk when shifting my car in to gear is now quite obvious as it can be felt through the floor and heard. I figure, since I have tomorow off I'd tackle this project.

Now, here is my question, what are the best brands for the LH engine and trans mounts? I tried 'Anchor' brand mounts in my Acclaim and they lasted a measly 6 months before falling apart. I bought Mopar mounts and they have been great since.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I would stick with Mopar parts. But that's just me, I like useing factory parts, just because I never have any problems with them. And since you had problems in the past with aftermarket parts, I would stick with Mopar. You can us this site to get a better deal on Mopar parts: http://www.newmoparparts.com

I have got a few things off of them in the past, and they are cheaper than the dealer, but if you just what to go down and pick up the parts, you'll have to buy'em from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those prices are pretty good. The local dealers around here charge over what the book cost is most of the time. Plus, their parts departments suck! They wanted $64.00 for a temperature gauge sending unit for my Acclaim! I got it for like 14 bucks online here:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=213794

I'm not even going to say what Marietta Dodge wanted for one of those knobs on the HVAC panel in my Intrepid. It was in this kind of figure $2X.XX

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I bought the Mopar trans mount today for $71.00. I finally found a Dodge dealer that dosn't charger overbook for parts! The local dodge dealer wanted $105.00 for the damn mount! I found a decent dealer for parts now. It's RBR (Run By Rednecks :) )

Installation wasn't too hard. Getting under the car wasn't too fun and baning my wrist against the exhaust pipe. I love having a car without rust! All the bolts came out with ease. And to point out another Haynes manual error, there are four bolts holding the mount to the crossmember, not two. Stupid haynes.

Well, my car no longer clunks when put in gear and it's quite smooth. As soon as I get some extra cash I'll replace the motor mounts which are still in okay shape, but they are the.....eeeep...Anchor brand...pukes..

I should post a pic of the old mount. It's totally rotten and deformed.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a pic of how bad the mount was:

As you can see, it collapsed. Under the weight of the trans, it was worse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts