DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forget the LHS instrument cluster [for now]. Drove my Buddies Durango w/Heated Leather ...almost left some Man-Yogurt for him. I have power cloth [drivers only] in my 2000 Concorde LX. Looking at 99 300M Leather ...What type of work we looking at folks?

BTW -The CEL code reading [3x on/off] trick works a charm in the Durango. My Buddie was impressed. Another one for DodgeIntrepid.net

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Your looking at a lot of work to get the heat functional. Unless you put in a complete body harness also from that car.

--Gorm

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're out of a 99 [not that it should mean much?]

Who is the POLESMKR that just outbid me by 50 cents?!?!!!!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Save your bidding till the last minute or so. I usually don't bid at all until there's only 20 seconds to go.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
DUUUUUUDE what kinda car is THAT, **** its sexy man, i wnat one just cuz of that ford look it has

for all i know it is a ford (im a dumb ass)
some one PM me with that car and a link with some pics or info

ALi

·
Registered
458 Posts
do 2nd generation seats fit (bolt right in) into a 1st generation?

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Goliath27 said:
DUUUUUUDE what kinda car is THAT, **** its sexy man, i wnat one just cuz of that ford look it has

for all i know it is a ford (im a dumb ass)
some one PM me with that car and a link with some pics or info

ALi
It's NOT a Ford. It's am AMC AMX3. Maybe someone can correct me on this, but weren't there only like 6-7 of these built and raced...in 1970 if I remember right?

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
partyboy69 said:
do 2nd generation seats fit (bolt right in) into a 1st generation?
they dont bolt directly in but could be installed with a few minor modifications. I looked into it but ultimately found a set of decent grey leather from a 1st gen that i liked.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
not to hijack the thread, but why do you have to jack the BCM to make heat functional? isn't the heater switch located on the seat itself? i don't understand why it wouldn't work with power and ground. anybody?

edit, yes, the front seats from 2nd gen bolt into 1st gen. the back seats require some small mods (ask jose for details).

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
YB Normyl said:
It's an AMX/3 concept car
AMXIII-1.jpg Evolved partly in
response to high interest in AMX/2, the
AMX/3 was fully engineered for limited
production in 1970-71 as an image-
building $10,000 replacement for the
Javelin-based AMX. Dick Teague's
initial design ideas survived to final
form with virtually no alteration
(as seen in AMC's design showroom),
though wheels and other details differed
among the six cars ultimately built.

AMXIII-2,3.jpg Taken during the Rome
press preview, in March 1970, this publicity
photo shows what appears to be the number-
three car later owned by designer Teague.

Mark Donohue, then winning Trans-Am
races in factory Javelins.
His AMX/3 was number-five, shown here in
the early Eighties, still pristine in its
original bright yellow paint.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/folder/vehicle.asp?whichpage=1&sortyBy=&pagesize=8&car_id=1749&vehicleTypeID=0&PrintAllPictures=true

http://amc_rides2.tripod.com/AMX3_2.html
The above was on another thread.

I had 300M seats in my 97 Eagle Vision. The back seats have to be modded, you have to pull the cover off the side posts and literally cut the plastic from top to bottom and tuck one side in to better match it to the wheelwell shape, then you have to make hooks for the back of the seat so it hooks on like the 1st gens do, at the bottom you have to make a bracket from the factory studs to the mounting holes of the 2nd gen seat, the seat back is taller than a 1st gen so you have to cut the opening for the rearseat shoulder strap or they won't retract. Now the seat cushion itself all I did was remove the wire basket from the 1st gen seat and use it in place of the 2nd gen basket.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
CaptainMorgan said:
I'd also like to know what the bcm problem is with adding the heated seats.
BCM problem??? I don't think three's a problem, it's only a comunication wire that goes to the BCM. The actual power for the seats comes from the junction block.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
YB - i dunno anything about 2nd gen, i was just going off this quote, which i misread. i thought gorm meant BCM, so my bad for goofing. i thought it was a little weird, which is why i axed.

gormo66 said:
Your looking at a lot of work to get the heat functional. Unless you put in a complete body harness also from that car.

--Gorm

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
The BCM needs to communicate with the seat modules, hence the wire goign to it. I just latched this wire onto the one going to my EVIC, powered it up with the power from the door locks, and boom I've got heated seats. There is a bit more work to it than that though, thats just the readers digest version.

--Gorm

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I've been playing with the idea of heated rear seats, I think the kids would like that especially since it's FrIcKeN FrEeZiNg, snowing and high winds outside right now. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts