DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the paint on my car is getting bad especially on the hood. I have decided to remove the hood and paint it myself. I wanna do something that will match the color but a design that will look different. Maybe racing stripes or something. I would appreciate it if someone would photoshop my car and do a cutom paintjob on it that isnt impossible for me to do myself (main focus would be on the hood). PLEASE! it would be awesome if somebody could help me out cuz i need ideas.

I have removed the vinyl siding on my car and discovered some rust.....so today the plan is to pull out the rest of the rivets sand the rust away as best as possible and bondo the holes then sand smooth. then i will add primer.

SERIOUSLY...any and all ideas, suggestons,tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Sam

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
old post but still i will bring you up to date. I have removed and bondoed over rivits, sanded smooth and primed. Painted one side where vinyl was and the other side is just primed. Looks like hell. I am just going to paint sections black that are mismatched or whatnot. It wont be close to perfect but it will look a little more even. Areas to be painted black:
hood, doors, trunk lid, passenger rear quarter panel and thats all for now.
I am going to use some spray type auto touch up paint. Sand areas to be painted , wash and then paint.

What do you guys think? any advice?

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
well covering rusted spots with bondo is already a mistake. Give it a year and it will bubble and crack and make a bigger mess than the rust.

But as far as advice from this point on, rather than use soap and water to wash the areas you plan to paint, go to a local paint supply store and buy some wax and grease remover/pre-cleaner and some tack cloths to clean the area you plan to paint. it makes your paint come out 100 times smoother when you take time to remove all the tiny particles from the surface.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts