DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Ronbo, ??? Oh I see, just junk it. Not in the cards. Car is almost perfect with 98k miles. Starting to show its age but car is worth repairing as it's treated me very well.

Getting back on track...see question above.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I have never had an issue with the idler pulley bolt.

Also, I gave the wrong number for the ACDelco kit;
the correct number: TCKWP295A

Also, I've never had an issue with these kits from rockauto.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for the help guys. Anyone have pics or videos of the TB jobs they've done? I've found one YouTube but looking for more.

What about purging air from the coolant system?

·
Premium Member
16,743 Posts
...What about purging air from the coolant system?
Very necessary. Follow the FSM procedure. There's an aftermarket funnel kit that allows the required overfilling of the reservoir to push coolant into the overflow chamber when the overflow tube clamp is released, but you can accomplish the same thing using one of the inexpensive longer, skinny funnels from the parts store - push it down against the reservoir fill opening to seal the outside of the funnel against the opening, then overfill and release the overflow tube clamp. Check for drop in level after driving a few minutes and top off to the Full line if needed - of course after it has cooled off.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,582 Posts
Very necessary. Follow the FSM procedure. There's an aftermarket funnel kit that allows the required overfilling of the reservoir to push coolant into the overflow chamber when the overflow tube clamp is released, but you can accomplish the same thing using one of the inexpensive longer, skinny funnels from the parts store - push it down against the reservoir fill opening to seal the outside of the funnel against the opening, then overfill and release the overflow tube clamp. Check for drop in level after driving a few minutes and top off to the Full line if needed - of course after it has cooled off.
Also, you can open the bleeder screw on the intake manifold; do an initial system fill (to the point it wont take anymore coolant); start it; continue to fill it as the engine runs, shut bleeder valve off when a steady stream of coolant is flowing out; let engine reach operating temp with pressure cap off, and once thermostat opens, top up and install pressure cap; done; recheck when cool.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts