DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's getting that time of year here in Chicago (damn cold). Has anyone used their rear defroster with their tints on? I have always been afraid to, so I never have....

I heard that they could ruin them or cause bubbles? This may be wrong.

Any info would be appreciated...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've been using the defrost for two winters now with the factory/dealer tint and there is no noticable problems.

Brian
'99 Inferno Red 2.7L
L-Intake

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Im the same, no problems to report here on this car. But on my old trep there was a spot that had a bit of peeling on the corner, but I think that was due to a bad job on instilation, not the rear defogger.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No problems here..even in houston, we have our share of cool mornings, althought theres really no ice, we get frost, but the defroster gets rid of it in about 10 min.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Well I have had my car for only one winter down in South Carolina. And I have been using my rear defrost with no problems. The guy that installed it, told me not to use it for 4-5 days after it's installed so it can have enought time to dry....I'm sure you'll be ok by using it........... ;)

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I've been tinting the windows on my cars for about 10 years on several different cars and have never had a problem even with New England winters.

The tint shop I always use gives you a lifetime warranty, any bubbles, rips or fading and the replace it for free. The shop you had the tints done at should stand behind their work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
the rear defroster actually helps the professional grade tint since it is just like how it is applied to start with :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts