1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Kumho ESCTA ASX. Just as good as ride as the OEM Badyears. Quieter, way better handling dry or wet.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
The Triple Treads (really the next gen Aquatred) are living up to my expectations so far, though they haven't been put through the winter test yet. We recently had to buy a pair for the van as one of the Aquatreds (had them 4 years now and still loving them!) was destroyed by road debris. I hate mixing tires on an axle so we bought the Triple Treads and had the extra Aquatred mounted as the spare.

Hmmmm just looked at your location - guess you don't get much in the way of standing water down your way? I might be tempted with the ComforTred in your case ...

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I chose other.......just because I prefer a dedicated summer tire, and a dedicated winter tire.

For an all season I'd probably like to try out BF Goodrich G-Force KDWS.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Goodyear Assurance... best tires I've ever owned. Go through water, snow, almost like it's not even there. Had a set of Michelin's prior, and the Goodyears are a little more noisey and definately stiffer, but handling is much improved.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I had an unfortunate oportunity to test the Triple Tread on ice. The stuck very well.

I was on I-71 northbound, turning onto I-75 North in Northern Kentucky. The interchange is a 1/4 mile bridge that turns to the left. The bridge had iced over. 13 vehicles ended up in the medium at the end of the bridge, 5 people went to the hospital, and one person died.

After I entered the bridge, I imediately realized it was ice because I could feel the drift, so I eased off the pedal and put both hands on the wheel. The thing I remember being worried about the most wasn't me, it was other people hitting me. I saw the car in front of me go sideways flip into the medium at the end of the bridge and the car behind me seemed to be bouncing between the retaining walls. My 300M, with it's Triple-Treads and I am sure some of it was me, glided off the bridge without ever leaving the lane it started in.

YES, I stopped and called 911.

AND, the reason I bought the TT was a 10 out of 10 score for wet traction compared to the Michelin HydroEdge's 9 of 10. However, the HydroEdge had 10 of 10 in road noise an the TT has 9 of 10 for noise. Every Michelin I have put on a crome wheel has been leaky.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Eagle F1 on the 'Trep, stock Michelin Pilots on the 300.

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
I got michellin energy sport summers on, then winter I have Dunlop sport one directionals, they r sick especially since i live in canada.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts