DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've had my evic with tire sensors for a long time now, and recently I upgraded to the evic with Instant MPG. I retrained the sensors and everything worked fine. I drove out of the city and back over one weekend, and then in the city a bit on one or two days. Then I didn't drive my car for two months. Well I wen't driving this weekend and now I keep getting the "Service Tire Press. System" warning from the evic.

The rear sensors appear as blank on the display (dashes) and then later the side two... then all of them came back. It just keeps changign as far as which ones are "dead". I tried to retrain them today, but when I put the magnet on the horn doesn't beep or sometimes if I waved the magnet around the sensor it would finally go off for one of them.

Has anyone else had this problem? It seems weird that the sensors all seem to be dying now that I changed the evic... especially since two or three of them were brand new. The evic passed the diagnostic self-test fine. Is there a way for the evic to make the sensors transmit more often? AFAIK, the evic doesn't tell the sensors when to transmit but only receives the transmissions. So if that's true then maybe the evic self-test doesn't check the "sensor receivers" and it's got a fault maybe?

I'm just thinking out loud here... anyone have any input?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I knew about the diagnostic mode (haven't gotten around to it yet though), but I figure that it won't really tell me which is at fault... the tire pressure sensors or the evic. I was hoping someone else had the same thing happen. I wonder if there's some way to "hard reset" the evic.

When I go driving this weekend I'll put it in the diagnostic mode and see what it does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts