DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered 4 sensors from rick hendrick dodge in So. Carolina and about 24 hrs later one of the sensors failed. I tried to get a replacement under warranty, but because the sensors were not originally made for my 98 trep....they claim the warranty is void!! WTF!? Does any one in this forum know how to retrain the sensors? I don't want to cough up the cash for the part if I don't have to. You guys are my last hope!! If an answer can't be found here....then it can't be done right?:brutal_43

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
You have the training magnet? Are you sure you don't need 5 sensors.....one for the spare as well?

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
in order to complete the training, i believe that you must have 5 if you dont it will not complete the training.

The sensor transmitters can easily be retrained by anyone and takes just a couple of minutes to complete. The special magnet tool used for retraining is included with those vehicles in which the factory has installed the TPMS option. The magnet can also be purchased for around $25, otherwise a pair of 6" or so speakers with good size magnets will do the trick.

1. On the overhead console, use the "Menu" button to advance to the "Retrain" option in the EVIC menu.

2. When "Yes" is selected, training will begin, starting with the left front tire.

3. Place the special magnet momentarily on each valve stem, one at a time, in clockwise order (LF, RF, RR, LR, Spare). You'll have 60 seconds to place the magnet on the first tire stem and 30 seconds for each of the other four, the spare being last. As each tire location is "learned", there is a confirming horn chirp. It may take 5-10 seconds for the confirming chirp once the magnet is placed on each stem. That's it, the correct tire pressure will now be displayed for the corresponding tires and the TPMS is fully functional.

Note that for aftermarket steel wheels the training magnet cannot be used and that a 125kHz transponder is necessary to retrain the EVIC to the sensors. This process can be done by the dealer with a DRB-III tool. The ID's of each sensor must be written down and assigned a location (LF, RF, RR, LR, SP). They are then rewritten to tell the EVIC which position each sensor is in.

copy/paste from http://www.wjjeeps.com/expindex.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts