DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what everybody was using to shine their tires. I was using Armor All pro but that stuff ended up on the side of the car after I started driving. Then I used Black Magic, much nicer shine but still getting some coming off the tires onto the side of the car. I'm open to recommendations. :auto_03:

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Anything Gel based is much better then spray-on. I am not a huge fan of any Armor All products. I used to use Black Magic spray-on until I had the same problem as you with it ending up all over the car. I switched to Black Magic Gel and have never had a problem since. Check my sig. for the shine of the Black Magic gel, and it looks great and you don't have to use that much to get that high gloss shine, which I like.

Dave :evilking:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Micheline tire products.

Reactions: Paratrepper

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
While I had my new set of tires in the garage before mounting I tried 4 products on them:
Mothers tire shine
Meguires Endurance gel (IDK how old as I got it from Big Lots)
Amor All spray foam shine
Son of a gun spray foam (Big Lots as well)

The best shine was from the armor all. The endurance was blotchy for some reason. The Mothers was even but not shiney. S-O-G was so so

That being said, none of them were "shiney" like you would want them to be

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
04IntrepidSXT said:
While I had my new set of tires in the garage before mounting I tried 4 products on them:
Mothers tire shine
Meguires Endurance gel (IDK how old as I got it from Big Lots)
Amor All spray foam shine
Son of a gun spray foam (Big Lots as well)

The best shine was from the armor all. The endurance was blotchy for some reason. The Mothers was even but not shiney. S-O-G was so so

That being said, none of them were "shiney" like you would want them to be
Check out the ADVANCE AUTO BRAND of tire shine in the red can (not the spray) and it will shine really well!!! it used to be made my NEXT! till some little company took them over and changed the formula and put it under advance name.... Now it doesn't last as long as it use to!! Used to last atleast after 3-4 car washes with just hosing off the wheels, and now with the new formula it lasts about 1 and sometimes 2 car washes!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I don't like shiny greasy looking tires. Looks like people who use lots hair gel....disgusting. I like how a tire looks after scrubbing it clean with a brush, and soapy water. Clean, and black, with no shine. Most of that armour all type stuff just turns brown after a couple of weeks in Florida, and looks like your tires are dirty.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I visit Tampa Bay quite often, and just about everyday, it rains around 3pm or so. I see why you do not use Armour all and other products. From your pic, your tires look pretty sweet like that.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts