DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought myself a set of 20" V56 wheels. The store finally got 4 of the wheels today and the fifth is still on order (spare.) What pisses me off here is that they did not remove the stickers off the tires. It's been raining all day so I couldn't use a heat gun to melt the glue.
The ride home was ****en horrible. Almost too easy to hydroplane. The worst thing is now...the front drivers side wheel is pointing to the left! Yes, I looked at the passenger side tire and it's even with the car.

I will cut the stickers up using a letter opener following the treads. Is this negligence enough to have them pay for the repair bill?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
How could stickers on the tires affect your alignment? I think it would be impossible for them to have any effect at all, let alone one that you can see. People hit potholes and curbs all the time without disturbing it enough to where it's obvious by looking at the wheels, how coudl the stickers do it? I think ou have something else going on besides the stickers.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
How could stickers on the tires affect your alignment? I think it would be impossible for them to have any effect at all, let alone one that you can see. People hit potholes and curbs all the time without disturbing it enough to where it's obvious by looking at the wheels, how coudl the stickers do it? I think ou have something else going on besides the stickers.

It's been raining all day. I could imagine that's what made the ride shitty at first. The car's going to a garage next week because of the butterfly valve sticking. I'll also have them check that out.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
they always leave the stickers on..there too hard to remove...all you got to go is ride like 5 miles and they disenegrate

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
heat gun?? just peel them off,,,,, sounds like a few more issues than stickers,

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
My stickers were left on too.........it's fine, they wear off.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
you have ****ed up Outer tie rod ends, inner gear bushings, and adjustment sleeves, and you need an (Full-4-Wheel alignment)done to exact specs to get that ride dude, get it checked ASAP, ;)

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
They should have taken them off. They are not hard to remove. I use to work at a Tire Kingdom, and I removed a ton of them just peal a corner and and pull them off.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Scarface said:
I bought myself a set of 20" V56 wheels.
Glad to see you have money to burn.

Scarface said:
What pisses me off here is that they did not remove the stickers off the tires.
Been in the business 35 years and I have NEVER heard this complaint before. You remove the stickers by

a. Driving the car a few miles
b. Pulling them off ( takes about 10 seconds per tire)

Scarface said:
It's been raining all day so I couldn't use a heat gun to melt the glue.
MELT the Glue?!?!?!? What are you smoking? Just grab the corner of the sticker and peel OR drive the damn car.

Scarface said:
The ride home was ****en horrible. Almost too easy to hydroplane.
Then you bought shitty tire that are designed for DRY weather and NOT for rain!

Scarface said:
The worst thing is now...the front drivers side wheel is pointing to the left! Yes, I looked at the passenger side tire and it's even with the car.
Has nothing to do with the tires or wheels or stickers.

Scarface said:
I will cut the stickers up using a letter opener following the treads.
Why? Are you like 2 days past your 16th birthday? Do you know ANYTHING about a car?

Scarface said:
Is this negligence enough to have them pay for the repair bill?
You have not described even one tiny bit of negligence. Only extreme ignorance on your part.

Oh and by the way, WTF is a butterfly valve. This 30 years ASE master tech really wants to know!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
lmfao I see something funny on this thread and dont take this the wrong way but who in the hell take something symbolic <the yellow ribons> meant for military men and women to return home safe and put SUPPORT PIMPING on it? just a dam shame the creater should be shot for this one

Tho scarface sounds like you have some car problems you need fixed g/l with that

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Well I was thinking about saying something, but the last 2 posts make me feel kinda sorry for the guy...

BTW - watch out! - that's a south-east member your giving a hard time

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
you didnt say what size tires you got,, but with 20's im sure there 50's or 45's,, yep there gonna hydroplane,, and if you think thats crappy wait till you get on some black ice sometimes,, fun fun fun!

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Guys...come on now...
You are being far too hard on this special needs member!!!
Riding the short bus must have been a ***** for all those years!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts