DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

The time has finally come for new tires for the Intrepid. These will actually be the first brand new, complete set I've bought for a car.

After much research I've decided to try Falken Azenis PT722 A/S 245/45/R18 tires. These are V Rated, Ultra High Performance All Season Tires. I chose these because they seem to have excellent dry grip, good wet grip, and excellent wear. I'm not concerned about snow performance, since the car is stored during the winter. I'm super excited to get these on next week and take the car up my favorite driving road with its new R/T rotors and ceramic pads.

I'll give first impressions next weekend.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So much for in a week!

Oh well, at least I've had time to get to know the tires. So far I really like them. On most road surfaces they are significantly quieter than the Michelins that came with the wheels. Cruising at 70 the noise is plenty tolerable and one can have a conversion without raising their voice.

The sidewalls are pretty stiff and that combined with very good grip makes it a joy to drive on twisty roads. I don't push the car to the very limit, but going at speeds I'm comfortable at, the car feels well planted.

It hasn't really rained all that much lately, so the fastest I've gone thus far in the wet is about 50. Still I've yet to notice any loss of traction.

While I don't use the car in the winter, I haven't put it away yet, so it may see snow before that happens. being what they are, I'm not expecting good traction in the snow, so care will need to be taken.

From what I've read these tires have great tread wear, so here's hoping, but so far I really like them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes it has a great tread wear but the tire wall are quite soft so be careful with them. But over all its a great tire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts