DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh boy. I knew this day would come, sooner or later when I got my car last summer, and today is the day that I really need to find me some new tires.

$400+ for tires, they better be damn good. :D

I've got some crap "rocky mountain" tires up front and the stock Eagle GAs on the back.... The GAs are just about gone, there isn't too much tread left.

So the question is, what do yall recommend? I was looking at the Assurance Triple Tred, has anyone tried these?

Driving style: mild to "fun and mischevious" depending on if the parents are with me. I just can't help myself, I have to play in the twisties. :D
Driving weather: absolutely unpredictable (I'm in West Texas, nuf said!)
Anticipated speeds: 65-85 on the highway, just plain FAST if there is a TORNADO! Tornado + Interstate = Autobahn!

I'm serious about the tornado thing. I've been chased TWICE! The last time was in my old Caravan.... that was fun... NOT! The trip from Abilene to Austin and back is usually nice..... usually.

·
Registered
512 Posts
im getting a set at discount tire...goodyear something...ill check the paper out that i wrote on. its about $78 per tire, damn good tires. im getting a warrenty and the such on them, so it pushed up the price to about $570ish...but its supposedly worth it, at least my dad thinks so. :p. ill get back to you with the full name.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I think a few people on here, including myself, have the Yokohama Avid TRZ's. They are very quiet, great handling in wet and dry, and are a nice riding tire. I'm very pleased with them, plus they are <$100 per tire at tirerack.com.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Do you REALLY need all season's when you live in Texas? I'd probably go with some summer dry/wet tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts