DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Thanx again MikeW ! !
You have to admit THOSE BMWs with those wider tire do have a meaner or muscular look about them dont they ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yesterday I dropped on 4 NASCAR tires.......the car looks, like my wife said, "like a little matchbox car". She says, "why do you need tires like that?" My reply, "it helps me pick up chicks". I ducked and the frying pan hit the wall. Honestly, the tires make the car look FREAKIN' AWESOME. I hope to get a pic. up soon. On the way home from work, at a red light, some dude in a monte carlo had his head out the window like Ace Ventura, staring at my new shoes. I can't believe how much he drooled.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I will add one thing to this thread. When I went shopping for rims for my car I talked to a few people about the low profile tires, thinking of going to a 17" rim and found out from all the discussion that people are having to repair their suspension parts because the low profile tires don't have the cusion that the stock height tires do, so the pounding on the suspension is off the scale with the low profile tires.
Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Come on Frog - I see one little strand of steel belt sticking through one of my tires. If these look good I will see about getting them

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Goodyear Eagles are very good, excellent in rain and dry pavement. Only drawback of course, is they are bad on snow/ice and gravel. Same tires that the Mustang and Corvette get from the factory.
Retail around 500 each Cdn, I paid $312. each.
Only real issue was getting the TPS mounted with them. Took a bit of "modifying".
245/45/17 - largest size that can be fitted to the wheels:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
DOOOODS! Give the Frog a break. My hot water tank blew up over the weekend. I was in my basement with a kayak and fishing rod trying to salvage some of my stuff. I've been promising you a pic. and I will deliver. Let me install the new tank tonight, take a nice hot shower and then get those pics out....the long awaited, much anticipated Frog mobile is coming.....

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Torontofirecaptain said:
Goodyear Eagles are very good, excellent in rain and dry pavement. Only drawback of course, is they are bad on snow/ice and gravel. Same tires that the Mustang and Corvette get from the factory.
Retail around 500 each Cdn, I paid $312. each.
Only real issue was getting the TPS mounted with them. Took a bit of "modifying".
245/45/17 - largest size that can be fitted to the wheels:
Ross, are my eyes playing tricks, or do you have CHROMED calipers??
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeett!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Dodgaholic said:
Ross, are my eyes playing tricks, or do you have CHROMED calipers??
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeett!
Well, sort of - it is an experiment I am trying. It is a chromed aluminium high temp tape. It conforms well to the irregular surface of the caliper.
There were concerns when I first mentioned it about durability, but so far, I have been on a few long trips, plus stop and go driving, and there is no signs of it letting go. We'll see how it fairs over the winter, but so far so good.
I wanted something that would last longer than paint, and I think it does look pretty good through the wheels.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Well, it's very eye catching combined with your rims. Could you perhaps put a "shell" over it with some kind of hi-temp clear coat? Of couse, such a thing might not exist!!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Dodgaholic said:
Well, it's very eye catching combined with your rims. Could you perhaps put a "shell" over it with some kind of hi-temp clear coat? Of couse, such a thing might not exist!!
Actually I changed the tires today for the winter wheels, and they are on there good and solid, no evidence of them coming off, so guess they'll be good.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
04IntrepidSXT said:
Frog - you pud - where's the picture ?????
Take your time Frog. There were several promotions on Goodyears ending this week so I had to act. I ended up getting tires off the internet and I'm going to have the local Wallyworld mount and balance them - that was the best deal around. I ended up getting the Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge in 225/60R16. They got the rim bead protector too

I'll endup paying $125 total a wheel mounted, balanced, etc after taxes. Which is cool 'cause I paid DiscountTireDirect $125 a piece for them. Free shipping and the $50 rebate offset the $52 I will spend at Walmart. Those in the S-E know I'm kinda slack when it comes to tire shine. These suckers are gonna stay glossy all year round.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts