DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My point is...is that this is a localized thing. The 98 PCM is designed to either see a TCM with is either autostick or not. As during that year there were 2 different modules. Wretched has admitted to switching TCMs. His 98 PCM is now seeing a 2001 TCM that has the autostick information in it. It is possible, IF THIS IS HAPPENING AT ALL, that the 98 PCM is taking the 2001 Module as an Autostick Enabled one, and therefore...it works.

Thats the only explanation I can come up with. A whole lot better than "i put in the equipment and it works"

This whole thing will be put to rest in 2 weeks...when we in front of other members attempt this mod via his "method". The donor car will NOT be a 98.

--Gorm

Now I never said "i put in the equipment and it works" I explaied the theory behide how it works the way it does, you just don't know how to read.

I backed up my theory with facts and a few members also backed me up.
I've corrected you many times in my closed thread where you mix up TCMs and BCMs and Clusters when replying to what I say.

Even when presented with the story strait from the transmission manual you still have to argue.

The only thing in this equation that may be ****ing things up is the 300M cluster you have. It has nothing to do with 98 PCMs and 2001 TCMs or whatever you dream up... I have a 99 TCM as I have said that about a million times now, although you don't seem to grasp that, and keep saying I have a 2001.

The PCM has nothing to do with the autostick function. It's all cluster and TCM. It also has nothing to do with magic, wherever the hell you got that from.

Ayways to the point.... when you test my theory in a couple weeks at Carlisle, use an A/S cluster from an Intrepid and not a 300, I'm betting that's the whole problem. Every 300M had autostick, so mabey the cluster wouldn't have to tell the TCM what it was, so mabey they never bothered putting that ability into the cluster module.

This is how I think it breaks down, If you want to prove me wrong, then do it...

98 Intrepid ... Autostick requires... Intrepid Autostick Cluster, TCM from any 99-01 Intrepid, Autostick Shifter

99-01 Intrepid ... Autostick Requires... Intrepid Autostick Cluster, Stock TCM already in vehicle, Autostick Shifter

98-01 Intrepid with a 300M Autostick Cluster requires a TCM from an Autostick equiped car because the 300M cluster lacks the ability to change the TCM into autostick mode.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,319 Posts
Some interesting observations there. It'd be great to have a 99-01 TCM, a 1999-2002 Intrepid Autostick cluster and the appropriate autostick shifter hardware from different salvaged cars, put them together in one 1998-2001 vehicle and see what happens. And I agree the PCM doesn't have much to do with Autostick and tells the TCM what engine is in the car....just like it says in the Transmission Diagnostics Procedures manual. Of course without an appropriate Scan tool or DRB, then you couldn't tell what the TCM thinks it is for Autostick or non-autostick as you couldn't monitor it.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Wretched said:
Now I never said "i put in the equipment and it works" I explaied the theory behide how it works the way it does, you just don't know how to read.

I backed up my theory with facts and a few members also backed me up.
I've corrected you many times in my closed thread where you mix up TCMs and BCMs and Clusters when replying to what I say.

Even when presented with the story strait from the transmission manual you still have to argue.

The only thing in this equation that may be ****ing things up is the 300M cluster you have. It has nothing to do with 98 PCMs and 2001 TCMs or whatever you dream up... I have a 99 TCM as I have said that about a million times now, although you don't seem to grasp that, and keep saying I have a 2001.

The PCM has nothing to do with the autostick function. It's all cluster and TCM. It also has nothing to do with magic, wherever the hell you got that from.

Ayways to the point.... when you test my theory in a couple weeks at Carlisle, use an A/S cluster from an Intrepid and not a 300, I'm betting that's the whole problem. Every 300M had autostick, so mabey the cluster wouldn't have to tell the TCM what it was, so mabey they never bothered putting that ability into the cluster module.

This is how I think it breaks down, If you want to prove me wrong, then do it...

98 Intrepid ... Autostick requires... Intrepid Autostick Cluster, TCM from any 99-01 Intrepid, Autostick Shifter

99-01 Intrepid ... Autostick Requires... Intrepid Autostick Cluster, Stock TCM already in vehicle, Autostick Shifter

98-01 Intrepid with a 300M Autostick Cluster requires a TCM from an Autostick equiped car because the 300M cluster lacks the ability to change the TCM into autostick mode.

Unless your there, I don't think anyone is going to do anything.

Just being honest here.

--Gorm

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
This is by far the biggest, most pointless and immature pissing match between two adults I have ever seen in my entire life. The fact that either side keeps this going at all is a waste of everybody's time. Unless someone comes up with some kind of video to prove either side wrong, then JUST ****ING DROP IT.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
This is by far the biggest, most pointless and immature pissing match between two adults I have ever seen in my entire life. The fact that either side keeps this going at all is a waste of everybody's time. Unless someone comes up with some kind of video to prove either side wrong, then JUST ****ING DROP IT.
I concur... I have no idea what thread if any started this nonsense but who the hell really cares anyway? You guys are arguing like a couple of nerdy 8 year old girls.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I was also just wondering where the heck this came from?

It does sound like it has some interesting content below all the "hooey" though.

Maybe PM's would be a better way if it's a "urinating" match.
cheers

BJ

·
Registered
6,100 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Wow, that was a hostile discussion. :LAME:

Maybe this thread should end up in the "same place" :flush: before it starts again.

Hint, Hint.

Hmm.......Gorm in and arguement over the 'net. Who would have guessed?

:frenzy:

Cheers

BJ

·
Woober Goobers!
50,319 Posts
I would think that someone that has a 1998-2001 SE and wants to do an Autostick mod might be interested in the results. I'm not in the middle of the pissing contest. I was going to do the A/S mod on my 2000 SE before it was stolen. It never got done because I was still scrounging for a supposed A/S enabled TCM at the time. If one of these 1998-2001 "Learning" TCMs would work for Autostick with the right cluster and shifter it would make the TCM easier to get. You could basically get a TCM from any 99-01 to make it work. I'm in this to sort out the details for someone that would want to do the mod in the future...that's all. As for the pissing contest which was the majority of the other thread..that can all go in the bin.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for finding a cheaper easier way to complete the most useless mod ever, but I just want the useless childish bickering to end.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just for the sake of the fun of it, I will again open this offer...my 98 has a 300 cluster and autostick shifter installed as I type. All I am missing is the TCM and installing the wiring. I would be willing to test the theory if anyone has a 99-01 TCM and at least put part of this bickering to rest.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I have stick in my 2000 2.7 es already, but am certainly interested to know if there is a "learning" TCm out there. Never know when you may have to scrounge the yard for parts!
It would be a very informative thread if it can be kept civil.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm just trying to help other members save some dough if they were to try the mod. I never made this up, I read of other memebers on this board doing it so I tried it and it worked for me. My whole mod cost what an "autostick" TCM was going to cost. As for a video to prove it, that would be pointless, because how would I prove that the TCM was from a non-autostick car? But anyways, why would I make something like this up? If anyone else is sucsessful with this method, It would be nice to hear about it, and I agree that arguing is pointless.

THE END

Reactions: Great White

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I agree...the end.

I guess this thread can be locked now before it goes somewhere we don't need it to go.

As for me arguing over the internet...yep, it happens. Get over it! :D

I won't reply in this thread again unless someone says something towards me.

--Gorm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.