DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
If you don't think an SRT-4 is not a Neon, then you have fallen to the ploy of DaimlerChrysler marketing. An SX-2.0 is also a Neon.

·
9,861 Posts
The SRT-4 is based on the neon, but it itself is not a neon.

R/T still has the intrepid/neon/etc name on it. So does the Impreza WRX. The SRT-4 is not called a Neon SRT-4.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
hypnos said:
The SRT-4 is based on the neon, but it itself is not a neon.

R/T still has the intrepid/neon/etc name on it. So does the Impreza WRX. The SRT-4 is not called a Neon SRT-4.
Its a Neon. Plain and simple. A much faster and better handling Neon. But its a Neon. Same body (minus fascia) same interior, different engine and modified suspension....oh and different nameplate.

A different name does not make a new car.

That's like saying a Cobra isn't a Mustang because of the engine and suspension. (Heck a Cobra even has IRS!) Or that a Marauder isn't a gussied up Grand Marquis.

Neon Neon Neon Neon. :wink:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
irishred said:
its got a different interior...different gauges, different seats, diff cluster all together....
SRT-4 Interior:

Stock Neon interior:

This one is a few years old and has the older style steering wheel but its the same dash:

Here's a Neon (notice the two guage cluster) with aftermarket pedals and the newer steering wheel. (looks alot like an SRT4 doesn't it?):

SRT-4 Side View:

Stock Neon Side View: (notice different front and rear bumpers)

I'm not trying to be a jerk....but the cars are the same! The SRT-4 is nothing but a very fast Neon. Different seats and a gauge cluster and a turbocharged engine don't make a new car! If that was the case a 2.7L Intrepid would be a Dodge Coronet and the 3.5L model would be a Dodge Charger. :wink:

Please trust me on this. I happen to know the cars very well. :wink:

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
where would the Coronet R/T fit in there...since you could get a 440 or Hemi in the Coronet R/Ts...oh, and they were the first cars to bear the R/T name...:) i know these cars very well :)

·
9,861 Posts
It isn't a question of how similar they are. It's a name. It's like calling a Eagle Vision a Dodge Intrepid. You don't do it. Sure, the Intrepid and Vision share many many parts. But they are not refered to as the same car. It's like calling the Vision, the Intrepid Vision. You do not call a SRT-4 a Neon.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
irishred said:
where would the Coronet R/T fit in there...since you could get a 440 or Hemi in the Coronet R/Ts...oh, and they were the first cars to bear the R/T name...:) i know these cars very well :)
Who said any thing about a Coronet R/T? :confused:

My point is that different names does not equal different cars.

Neon = SRT-4 = Neon.

On that note, WonderFalls is on now. :wink:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Neon or not, it's very impressive to get 500 horsepower at the wheels from an engine rated at no more then 230 flywheel horsepower. I'd like to know what kind of mods are on that car, and how much boost he is running.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts